Lamborghini Gallardo VS. Corvette Z06

I’m sure a lot of you have seen this one, but for those who haven’t - this is a great, great vid! :slight_smile:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gallardo/0/wm/6a3603d4-1673-441c-a429-9886002bafb4.htm

Enjoy.

bomb vid, that vette rocks!!

yeah the corvette is definitely faster, but if I’m sure that most people would pick the lambo instead of a chevy… if they had a choice :slight_smile:

if i was offered one of the other, I’d definitely take the lambo. I would then proceed to sell it and buy two z06’s, one for daily driving and one to spend the remaining money on modding for track days :smiley:

LOL!
so you would trade in your lambo because of practical reasons? pfft… then you don’t deserve the lambo in the first place! :smiley:

man the new zo6 is so f ing sexy V8 POWA

Yea, I’m with Lith. I’d get the Lambo and not care that a vette is faster.

If it was between that Vette or that Gallardo, i’d take the Corvette - but only because the Gallardo had E-Gear and not the real 6-speed transmission…and yes I realize the E-gear is supposed to shift quicker and rev-match etc etc…

But 6-speed manual Gallardo for me, in black. :cool:

But geez, how about that Z06 exhaust note, especially on shifts?! :smiley:

the exhaust note on the corvette is a given, there has never been a motor built with a nicer sound than a SBC.

The Vette is still just a glorified J-body. I personally hate them and having drivin them, they drive like ass and have the build quality of a 95 Sunfire, but shit u cant knock them for being fast as hell and inexpensive to buy.

Your credibility to all things automotive just went out the window right there.

Congrats.

Isn’t the Gallardo like the poor-man’s Murciellago?

Gallardo ftw. I wanna roll like Akon.

how so when it has the same interior as a cobalt? Maybe i was a little harsh with that comment, but the car is cheaply made correct me if im wrong. Im not knocking the performance kuss a car that can do a 12.0 flat for that money is amazing, but its still has terrible quailty interior and lacks the rarity and wow factor of alot of other cars out… Ive drivin a C5 Z06, was it fun, Shit yea but did i feel like i was sitting in grand Am? yup.

It’s just easier for me to let you continue living with your assumptions. :slight_smile:

haha ok then.

i agree with you, gm’s interiors have been so alike for the past 10 years, across cars, vans, 1500 pickups and yukon/suburbans…and the cobalt.
they cheap out, not only that, there economy suv’s and cars are shit and unreliable…
for some reason they’re not catching up to other companys interiors?
But the vette is bad machine, the history and consistancy of corvettes is amazing. I have always loved them. and AFAIK LS7 505hp stock is 11.7 et.

Try 11.20s at ~122-127mph :smiley:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/corvette/2007/photogallery/int_gallery02.jpg
http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/corvette/2007/photogallery/int_gallery03.jpg

I’ve almost always gagged at the typical “domestic” interior…but they’re starting to show improvements. I think the new Vette interiors (pictured above) are looking pretty decent…and yes, even the Cobalt interiors are light-years ahead of the Cavalier they replace and look pretty good.

BTW, did you guys know the Gallardo and Z06 are within 21 lbs of each other (Z06 is the lightest at 3132lbs)?!

It looks nicer in pics, but when you watch the vid, you see just how shit it looks in reality. I’ve seen it in person in Vaughan Mills, it’s a nice looking car, but the exterior and interior appearance assure that it never gets mistaken for an exotic.