BLUE DEVIL: A corvette supercar?!?!?

[quote=“jeeves744,post:77,topic:19641"”]

Because the Z06 is faster then most of them, so add an extra 100hp (which will probably be underrated) and it will destroy 99% of the cars out there.

[/quote]

Yes but personally, Driving a Lambo vs. Vette? I dont care if the Lambo had 200hp, I would choose Italian Exotic over GM any day of the week. When it comes to exotics, it’s not all about acceleration and 1/4 miles times.

i think the zo6 is a sick looking car. just because its not italian, i think some of you guys are blinded…

a zo6 definitely stands out from a normal c6. yes, thats a big incline in price, but thats called a luxury tax :wink: they put that price on there because they can, and people will still buy it

[quote=“Willybeen,post:80,topic:19641"”]

haha… why is it called BLUE devil?

[/quote]

this guy worked for GM
http://groups.wfu.edu/debate/PhotoGallaries/MiscellaneousPhotos/The2000s/2004-5Photos/RossSmithDukeFan.jpg

[quote=“Marcus,post:81,topic:19641"”]

[/quote]

i’m seeing eye to eye 3 times in one thread with a domestic guy <3

but on topic…its a cool car and i doubt the guy that took the pics will get in trouble

[quote=turbo l
a zo6 definitely stands out from a normal c6. [/quote]

LOL…just ask any random girl or guy off the street which one is a Z06 and which one is a C6. Body styles are the same…logo and rims different. You and I can tell the differences but while driving…sometimes I cant tell the difference when a vette passes me going the other way. Don’t get me wrong. Car deserves respect for what it is.

z06 has a hood scoop and the older z06’s had the louvers behind the doors too

not to mention different interior options, wheels, and didnt come in hatchback or convertible

to the untrained eye a vette is a vette, and i think an italian car would be much more of a “head-turner.” for that kind of money the choice would be easy for me…but damn thats one siqq vette

As if there’s a “good” way to spend $100,000 on a car. :rofl: At that kind of impracticality it’s all about individual desire. Some want an Italian exotic, some what a fast rare edition of an icon.

[/quote]

It’s just a codename for the car. Color has nothing to do with it. Kinda like Windows Vista was called Longhorn before it came out.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:88,topic:19641"”]

At that kind of impracticality it’s all about individual desire. Some want an Italian exotic, some what a fast rare edition of an icon.

[/quote]

Well put.

Does this get GM’s 100K warranty?

Hmm seems like a lot of

“I use my car in an attempt to get pussy and I think I may have better results with an exotic”

^^^ rgr

blue devil >>>> lambo around a track

And I hate attention, so id probably go with the vette…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:91,topic:19641"”]

Hmm seems like a lot of

“I use my car in an attempt to get pussy and I think I may have better results with an exotic”

[/quote]

:werd:

I am all for having an italian exotic sometimes, but they arent the only game in town. I would take a ford GT or this nasty vette over just about anything. Your choices include porsche (which isnt even a choice, they have had over half a century to get the pedal position right and still fail miserably), lambo (their cheapest slowest model for more money), ferrari (see lambo), or one of the fastest production cars ever direct from your local GM dealer with a built in aftermarket. The car should also be less tempermental, cheaper to work on, beautiful, and even pulls more MPG. Does it matter? No, but you are still getting alot for your money, its worth it if you have the coin to spend anyway.

[/quote]

If i remember correctly GM’s Bob lutz when to duke, it was kind of a ploy to get him to say yes to the car.

it has been a long time since i have read story as to how it got its name but that should be the main reason.

i knew it!

Since we have about 6 different Blue Devil threads, they are all now merged.

Hmm seems like a lot of

[/quote]

LOL…

Hmm seems like a lot of

[/quote]

Amen. If I’m going ot spend 100k on a car, it would be all about getting a car that I want, not a car that makes high school girls stop and look at me.

Besides, if you have the money to buy a 100k car, you probably have the money to buy a trophy wife.

meh, id prolly rather have a 360 for that price, but well see once it comes out.

THAT IS NOT THE BLUE DEVIL. Thats is the Bluedevil/SS mule, in a Z06 body.
and its most likely going to be called the Corvette SS. The guy who posted those pics on a forum got fired from that place.

"Ceramic brakes alone are an $8000ish upgrade (@MSRP) by themselves. Figure the blower and forged internals add another $10K to MRSP…and dropping 250lbs off an already lightweight car isn’t going to be cheap, especially after you add probably close to 75lbs in the form of a blower and beefier components on the car to handle the extra power. Lots of carbon fiber, ceramic brakes, less creature comforts and who knows what else to drop that weight.

Keep in mind this is such a low production car with one off parts that between the R&D and inability to share all it’s costs with the base/ZO6 Vettes, that the consumer is going to feel it in the pocketbook.

$30K isn’t that outlandish, and I’m sure you’re going to get more than just what I mentioned."