BMW 335i is the next Supra

Except better looking and handling… errr, all debates aside, impressive on nothing but ECU tuning, and exhaust. (no boost controller, or any other aftermarket shit).

12psi tapering to 9psi at redline.

nice :tup:

wow 400 down to 225 by redline. thats a serious drop off.

impressive numbers, but im not real big on being able to “burn rubber man” but have nothing left up top. granted im sure a that some simple bolt ons would flatten that out.

meh, supra ftw

It’s a perfect graph IMO, 400ft/lbs tapering off and picked up by 350whp looks great to me.

lol @ looks nicer than a supra.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess… you euro whore

HAHAHA, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. It’ll be interesting to see what stock internals hold upto once MLS comes out with a .140 headgasket for the 335i. Seeing as how stock compression ratio is 10.2:1

some one needs to post up that t-shirt…

DAMN YOU, now I might be thinking about these as well, I like how they look,(well minus the wheel arches they just do not look right to me) and hearing/reading more about the motor…

edit: not bad $44k for everything I would want

Even stock it has such sick torque, max at 1300 rpms? That’s like “i don’t care what gear i’m in” perfect.

X…

^
thats great, but it would be nice if it held that tq.
burning up tires at 1500 is sweet, having 400 ftlb tq at 6k rpm is better

that says 250 on the right side, not 350. if it was 350 at 6750 rpm still then i would be like “hells yeah, sign me up”

torque on right, HP on left

it certainly is

http://www.zer0daze.com/pics/405lbft.jpg

i agree with ZD, flatten that torque curve a bit and i’m in.

STD FTL

And where you are pointing, the HP curve is still up at 350whp. I agree exactly at 7000rpm the torque and HP fall of dramatically (i suspect due to back pressure, the hotsides face each other with a “T” shaped downpipe, and due to the 12psi - 9psi taper). But with the mountain of torque behind it in the RPM range you can afford to shift at 6750 and still be in the powerband.

You know, power under the curve. Which if you follow it, is extremely flat. Torque gets you moving, HP sustains it, ya know?

Which would you rather drive a date in, or on a road trip?

well, it doesn’t look “boy racer” - that’s been a big plus in my book recently.

As Mike said, better boost control w/ less taper, maybe some other light mods, and this thing would be RETARDED FAST. Hmm, I wonder if you could re-tune it to run on E85, at a much richer AFR - I remember seeing what the Exige S picked up with just new fuel / retune.

I’m by no means saying this is a perfect car, but it seems pretty close to that Swiss-Army-Knife one-car-fits-most-needs kinda thing, or at least an awesome Daily.

3500lbs

Enough said.

400+ftlbs @ the wheels does feel nice, its good for cracking my neck

Supra Turbo : 3505
BMW 335i : 3561 lb

Anyone denying there isnt a comparison between these cars from a performance stand point is an idiot.