BMW 335i is the next Supra

there it is

hahahah

which is exactly why this wont be the new supra. someone said that anyone who thinks they are not comparable is an idiot…well i must be an idiot cuz i see very few similar aspects to both chassis, ESPECIALLY the motor.

yeah we might see 600hp come out of this motor etc, but you are seeing that with ALL motors these days. everyone is upping the ante and really 600hp is boys toys these days, or maybe it is just the internet making them seem so frequent

Why are they not comparable? It’s not like a Supra is cheap to mod either, if you want to use that argument.

well just like anything else…certain things you pay for dont necesarily justify the cost. was the supra anything special technologically? DbW and the integration of other on board systems in the bmw through the bosch system makes them a little different.

that being said the supra still has more of a aftermarket, and i will venture to say will always have more than the 335 ever will…for multiple reasons.

to me this is apples to oranges starting at the fact that the two chassis from the ground up were designed with different goals in mind.

btw i am not taking away from either car…i just dont think they are comparable just because this motor has the potential to make big power (and stress potential cuz noone knows yet where the weak point is yet)

Eh, it’s a sports coupe with an I6 twin turbo that responds very well to mods. As the Honda world has shown, if something catches on enough, the aftermarket and huge power numbers follow. I don’t see the 335i having the cult following of the Supra either unless there are some popular movies featuring it and every other tuner magazine starts to feature it.

It put on nearly 300lbs. It’s like Lance Armstrong trying to win the Tour de France with Roseanne Barr sitting in an attached side car while eating bacon fat sangwiches.

pics of a aesthetically modified 335
http://www.technikpower.com/temp/technik_ruji_teaser01.jpg

and it’s stock numbers before the performance mods begin

http://www.technikpower.com/temp/technik_e92_dyno_stock.GIF

.truth

Most people don’t even know the differences between the model numbers. I highly doubt it will be even remotely popular among the “tuner” and “ricer” crowds.

looks like uve got some competition