BMW e39 paint job done

Yeah. Known him for years. He’s actually the one who sold my Maxima for me when I got my M.

I used to be really good friends with Stephon, the guy that owns the shop Alex sells cars out of… Now that I think of it I think I’ve seen you in your M a few times there, I used to be there everyday hanging out and shit.

I actually stopped there friday to grab a lug nut key for the bmw there, checked out Alex’s s2000, I guess its finally finished… Thaaatt motherfucker makes me wanna just sell my bmw and get one. I was very impressed with it, said hes gonna be running 9’s with the new gt40r.

http://i52.tinypic.com/s1ssow.jpg

wtf? he painted it?

No? Pretty sure its always been that color, at least for a few years… And the hood is CF

That thing is ridiculous. I haven’t seen it or heard it run, but I heard it put down like 632 or something.

I’ve wanted one since before I bought my BMW 2 1/2 years ago. Decided that I still liked them and I did some digging and found this one. I love the car especially with the nav in it. And it’s a cpo so I don’t have to worry about paying to fix things

i say s62 all the way, pricey but will work with your transmission. and its keeping it bmw. s62 is a stout motor and has good potential NA or FI.

Thanks for your input, believe it or not, thats actually the cheaper way to go… I can get one for around $3500 and spend like $1k to install it. Supercharger itself is around $6k not including labor, ls1 is around $3,500 but im sure tons of custom work will be needed that would labor wise be around $2500?

new drive shaft, wiring, inability to pass advanced emissions, mounts, fuel lines, exhaust. with an s62 swap your looking at wiring, you could use your factory exhaust or buy a used oem m5 exhaust.(i believe the header outlets match up. other than that its pretty much straight forward. i would get a new clutch,uuc has a kit that utilizes the 850csi clutch on a custom flywheel, a buddy and i recently did that to his M5. we ended up buying JUST the the flywheel (which was a royal PITA) and we used a spec 6puck with an aluminum pressure plate.

If I bought an m5 motor I would build it to the balls BEFORE I dropped it in seeing how it would be WAY cheaper in the long run. Yeah, I’ve heard its alot of wiring but besides that not hard.

camssssssssss! oem headers are actually pretty good so and aftermarket ones are rediculously over priced. camms will run you 3k prolly. id say dont bother bulding it and save for a supercharger. the s62 is fine stock.

Well I can get a REALLY good deal on supersprint headers which I might do, as for cams… I dont even know a company that MAKES cams for either the 540 or the m5. Im still planning everything out, stopped by Autobahn today and had a discussion with Graig for a little bit, might also just go with a huge turbo set up if he thinks he can get everything to run legit. He didnt sound like it was too hard, he just thought it was costly becuase I’d have to peice the kid togeather which is not a big deal at all. It’d be nice to have something not only fast but rare too, a billet gt42r 540i would be pretty rare.

twin 30r’s and youll be 6billion peoples hero.

lol, I had dreams of something like that on my old del sol… Was thinking about running like a 28r AND a 42r or a supercharger and a 42r to help spool the huge turbo. Dave at inline told me it’d be a tuning nightmare though.

Honestly, I just wish I knew somebody that wouldnt RAPE me on labor… I would do some great things lol. $80 an hour takes a toll on your wallet quick, especially when your doing a custom project like what I’d like to do consisting of what? 100 hours?

yeah not to mention… it’d be dumb

Why? Superchargers are good from 0 and turbo’s are great up top. A small turbo spools instantly and a big turbo takes a while to make boost.

orly

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/a4ringedone8t/Misc/1426945_600.jpg

yeah and that thing never ran as it should… it’s not a 2JZ or a diesel. There’s no need for a 70+mm T6 framed (if I remember correctly) turbo on a B series that isn’t a purpose built drag car

Party pooper