BMW info/learning

well i looked at a few BMWs kinda sparked my interest i looked at a 1997 328i and a few others i dont recall is there is anything i should know about? wear items common problems ect? thanks for any info and even if i dont get one, i dont see harm in takeing on knowlage i should take on some spelling lessons to haha

electrics are kinda iffy on the e36 still. i had a 96 328i auto and really didnt have too many problems with it. crank sensor, waterpump, thermostat, and pulgs/coils are all i had to replace maint. wise.

on my 98 M roadster, i have had 0 problems so far. been a very nice solid car and i’m extremely happy with it.

bimmerforums.com is a good place to read up on stuff. a ton of info there!

meh. basically just check everything you would normally check in a car. early model (like first production year) e36’s had problems with their radiator i believe, and others had problems with t-stats and maybe water pumps.

e30’s are very anal about timing belts (MUST be changed every 60k or they snap) but e36’s have timing chains so its a moot point. e36’s also have hydraulic lifters. mmm

rear trailing arm bushings, rear shock mounts go around 80-100k, not expensive, but trailing arm bushing are kind of a bitch to change. radiator, water pump and thermostat housing all should be changed/checked if around 100k, they are plastic and are prone to cracking, replace them with the newer metal versions.

thanks for the info so far, maybe i should just think of random cars and post up stuff to learn, seeing i cant afford to just keep buying new toys

if you do buy a e36 i may have a newer water pump for you if you want it. i bought it for my 328 but there was a brand new one already in there