bmw info

Some guy made a trade offer of it being a 1999 BMW 328i. Are there any things I should worry about or look out for? I’m waiting for more information, but from what I’ve gethered these are sedans only and are decently quick stock (14.9 1/4 mile).

They can either be huge headaches or very reliable depending on prior owners maintaining the cars. They dont like being overheated. At all.

go to E36 section

read FAQ/what to know when buying an E36…itll tell you everything you need to know.

hmm. i think this one is an e46. but, ill check out the forums.

yeah the 328 sedan is an e46 like mine. There are a few things to look for. Make sure the cooling fan is working, lol! The front suspensions require a bit of maintenance every once in a while, but nothing too far out of the ordinary. CHECK THE REAR SUB FRAME FOR IT TEARING OUT OF THE CAR. Other than that I’ve been pretty lucky and haven’t had anything other than suspension parts, an A/C compressor, and a bad ECM and wiring for the fan. 136,000 miles and no complaints really.

For your Insight? Thats not bad at all. Assuming its in decent shape.

any advice for a 08 335i?

yeah, im still waiting on the info of the car. im guessing it might have been bs. :frowning:

I had a 99 E46 328i. The main issues were the window regulators. Make sure all of the windows go up and down with out any resistance. The can be expensive to replace. The only other issues I had were ignition coils going bad and the washer pump went, all around 130k miles. Other than that, it was a solid car and fun to drive.

If your going to shell out the cash for that car, get it form a BMW dealer and make sure it’s a CPO.

just ball like crazy in it :lol

done and done, buddy that works at fairfax bmw in north virginia

elliot saw it the other night,lol