BobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyT

lots of theory itt

I have a couple ideas as to why they didn’t do this… Honda wanted a roadster with 50/50 balance. In order to get most of the engine behind the front axle centerline, pretty much an inline four or V6 is all that would fit with these constraints.

V6 would have added a ton of complexity, weight- the big issue here- mass of added valvetrain components would have made it difficult to achieve the high revving necessary to make a nice HP number out of the displacement… That’s assuming there’s enough width in there to fit a V6 in the first place.

Who said anything about a V6?

Why couldn’t they get a 50/50 (which by the way is NOT always the perfect weight distribution) weight distribution out of 6 cyl roadster?

I didn’t say it was perfect, I am just giving you my opinion as to why they went with the four.

In most cases a six weighs more than a four… I gave the V6 as an example because even though an inline six fits in there (we’ve all seen the 2JZ swaps), this configuration would push the center of mass forward. Even if it didn’t, more weight would then be needed at the rear of the car to recreate the balance.

I think Honda wanted light weight and a balanced chassis above all, plus I’m sure the bean counters didn’t want the car stickering at $50k so a six just was not in the cards…

Your comparing 50k cars to a 35k car lol :wtf put 15 k a s2k and running 10’s ,IT and looks and handles like a dream.The onlY thing wrong with this car is that it was not a turbo car :wtf,but then it would cost how much more?We need a sports car with a turbo like the 90’s(supra,300zx,vr4,rx7) :headbang

what the FUCK are you babbling about :rofl

dood… what?!

Seriously :rofl

That whole post was full of :wtf

Google Translation: I am a ricer, my car is slow as balls, Travis is faster, and I got own3d on video.

:crackup

Where is the video?

PS Quiet down fanboi…know whats wrong with s2k’s? they are slow as balls and teh owners think they are fast…just like most 1.8 owners…at least i know my a4 is slower than shit.

:lol

Mid 90’s turbo sports car days are over. Emissions and the current fuel epidemic sealed that deal.

Not to mention, the (relatively) steep price of entry for these vehicles.