S2000 Powered S14 ? Been done ? Can be done?

its obviously possible to do but, has anyone seen, have pics, or know anyone who will do this like any regular swap ? the motors are dirt cheap because no one has a use for them except s2k’s -

is it worth it to swap out the ka for VTEC? i would really love a high reving na car for the track and s2000’s have a wicked rep for being super reliable and consistant…

imput please, and thank you !

…why?

Keeping all flamming comments to myself.

I’ve only ever seen the Sears S13 vert with the boosted F22C…

that would be neat

I dont think it will be as enjoyable as you think. Honda motors propel light cars. The 240 is pretty beafy. There will be no low end power, you will have to keep the revs above 6000 to feel anything.

It would be neat though

um I remeber seeing a magazine article on that…
if I find it ill let you know.

btw- how cheAP is dirt cheap?

I’ve seen a couple F22c S13’s, but never an S14. Would be a cool swap, lots of work though.

Interesting, but not one of the better swaps to do.

its actually been done

one of the major mags did a how to on it a few months back (scc, modified, import tuner)

and it actually had benefits like better weight distribution and shit

im pretty sure it was either the november or december import tuner.

i remember reading it will i was in the hospital

There was an S13 vert with the swap as the cover car in January issue of super street.

Here’s link to the article/write up thingy in Import Tuner. It’s the same vert I was talking about

IT is a pack of Honda loving fanboi fagasses. They lost all my respect with that one issue (the first one they started the project in), between their ignorant comments in the fanmail section (RB swap in a 240), and the retardation of a Honda handjob that claimed to be an article.

ill second this

why not? I’d do it. Honda makes great engines. say what u want about torque but squeezing 240hp of a 2.0l with 9000rpm stock & without fi is awesome.

Before owning the S14 i currently drift now, i owend 2 S2000s, an AP1 and an AP2 (F20 and F22). There are many FI options out there for those motors. Both Comptech and Vortech offer bolt on superchager kits for those motors and Greddy offers a bolt on turbo kit. By adding a SC you would deffinatly have enough power to drift the car if that is your plan. If you plan on doing the swap and keeping the motor NA I would highly suggest changing the final drive. It is a pretty common mod on an S2000 to change to a 4.77 final drive or something similar.

The only thing you gain from this, is you get to be different just for the sake of being different. And I can’t even begin to understand why, but there is an obsession with that shit right now.

Yeah…you’d pay way too much for this swap to get way too little in return.

^^^

i wouldnt mind it

the extra revs and better weight ditribution are a posiitve in my mind
dont know if they outweigh the cost of the swap

but meh

if someone wants to do it, go for it

The GSR Integra’s take for example aren’t exactly lightweights compared to a 240, I’ve compared curb weights with my buddy’s car & mine. & a 2001 Acura Integra GSR is heavier than an S13 Hatch and I’m sure around the same weight as an S14, and that thing runs on a 1.8L:cool:

so imagine what a 220hp or so VTEC S2000 motor can do. I think it’d be a fun thing to try out:p