going to race wars with an SR20

http://www.thermalnator.com/products/mount_kits/honda_mounts/srs2000

This is an early candidate for the most retarded swap of the year award.

Its never funny when it hits home eh?

I dont mind it. Looks like an easy swap with a lot more room for modability. Not saying I would ever do it but I could see a handful of these around the country within a few years, especially with how cheap s2000’s are these days.

you’re swapping a 200hp NA motor for a 170 boosted motor

doh

only benefit to this is the aftermarket is cheaper for the SR, plus it u blow it up, only 1700$ for a new one

If I purchased a S2000 with a blown motor this wouldn’t be a horrible swap. Plus a built SR-20 would be fun.

I wonder if doing this SR20 swap + required mods to get to Mr. Smith’s performance would be cheaper?

I’m leaning towards probably

couple of SR20’s will pull a premium before race wars…

i don’t like the idea …

what is the weight balance after the swap?

yeah but sr’s are a pretty stout lil engine. n they are 210 stock.
when ppl swap them into s-chassis they constantly lay down over 200 at the wheels.
and prolly cheaper to mod.

where did you get 170 from? red tops are 200/200

seriously dude? both are all aluminum 4 cyls with the same displacement, this would be almost no different than turboing the stock motor… :spank:

ugh. s2cheap.

This swap is a 10 year step back in technology. It makes no sense to me at all. I dont see it being cost effective compared to how cheap S2K drivetrain parts are.
This is MADNESS.

I don’t think you could reproduce your car for $5k (car not included), but I but you could do this swap and get the same power from an SR20 for that.

I’d only consider it if I could find a cheap S2k with a blown or no motor.

Haha, while I acknowledge the f20c/f22c motors are one of the best built 4 cylinder engines ever, that still doesn’t change the fact that sr20’s are still really badass!

Seriously dude. An S2000 is a perfectly balanced car. Why are you comparing it to a turbo’d stock motor car when the comparison would be to a stock NA motor car.
When i think S2000 I think all motor track car where balance and throttle response is important. Not dyno numbers.

im not talking about your thoughts and feelings chief, im talking about the point which you brought up, weight balance.

Il’l bite.

THIS IS SPARTASR20

I think it is a great swap.

Like an LS1 in an RX7

This is NOTHING like an LSx in a RX7 - where you’re replacing an engine with a glass jaw.

The FC motors are GREAT motors to start with.

I’ll agree that IF I came across an S2K roller then I could see this possibly, but in reality, if I’m swapping a motor in a S2K its prolly not for sake of making it a track car, which means I don’t really care about the all round performance, which means I’m going to go with something other then the SR20 (which is a nice starting point in its own right) “swap” kit.

:tif:

more like a 13b in a vet

Upon further examination I think its a waste of time only because I refuse to have a track only car, at least at this age, and I would want to drive it on the street