going to race wars with an SR20

Where’s the 2JZ-GTE S2000? That was cool.

Problem here is that this is not an improvement in any shape way or form over the original. And its not cheap. Think about it. You are buying a 15 year old swap that is guaranteed to have all kinds of issues. Youre gonna have to buy a mount kit. Youre gonna have to somehow wire it all up. Youre gonna have to fabricate all the little shit involved in dropping a foreign motor in a car or pay someone to do it. How much labor and time is all that going to take? I see a minimum 10k and lots of headaches to have a car that is in no way better than a stock setup. And who the hell is going to buy it if you decide to sell. At least I can put my car back to stock if I really want to dump it. No gentleman I am sticking to it you have to be insane to do this swap.
An LS1 swap or a 2JZ ok. But this :picard:
2JZ:

lol. You guys will hump that swap forever.

hey broski, I brought up a question not a point killer. :roll2:

:word: The stock setup for the most part is already a great start for a track car.
Now if we’re talking straight line or highway star that’s another story.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-S2000-SALVAGE-THEFT-RECOVERY-2008-AUTOCROSS_W0QQitemZ180339997768QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item180339997768&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

4g63 swap it. :slight_smile:

^ Wow, they did a great job of cleaning that out.

i figured they were that much because i/h/e full interior GSR’s can pull 240s with stock SR swaps n exhaust :gotme:

i know what their hp “rating” is…

Just like the lsx swap into an FD, I think this is ok. It just makes it easier to pick out smarter more informed people like Mr. Smith apart from poorer ill-informed people.

lol @ racewarzzzz

This is like swapping a rotary into a Camaro.

eh, thats gay. but atleast its pretty original…

S2000’s fucking suck and so do their motors…

every SR20 i’ve had would trash a bolt-on’d S2k.

yeah yeah engine fires… so what… that’s my own half-assedness… got nothing to do with the motor.

SR20’s are cheaper than whatever fggt motor comes in the S2k and with basic FMIC, exhuast and a boost controller (stock everything else) you can hit 250whp all day long…

lol, you don’t even want to know what i’d drop into one.

hey hey people put s2k motors in their 240s

…well

fggts do

i believe that Jay (addicted2boots) could do that in a GSR to me in a SR…lol…

in general though most stock SR’d S13’s are total piles of shit too. where as GSR’s are often sorted out pretty well… i/h/e is like $500… an SR swap done right is still a few grand and unfortunately kids do that to S13’s that are otherwise totally unroadworthy… i bought two such cases off this site in the last 18 months…lol GSR woulda smoked’em when i bought em… not now.

yeah, why waste a $3200 time attack champion motor in such a shitty chassis? :zong:

why waste 3200 on such a shitty motor :zong:

Not really a BAD swap, just seems like it’s more trouble than it’s worth. More of a sideways step than anything.

If the car was a rolling chassis, and this guy is really into SRs, then it’s a different story.

people just dont swap out perfectly good s2000 motors for no reason lol
unless theyre rich

but if that were the case, id rather have a built s2k motor for prob about a grand more… :gotme:

I like where this is going. :mamoru: