sr20 in s2000?

anyone seen this one? the f20c is pretty useless. want to get rid of ours.

u want sometihng tht will give the s2000 a boost put in a 2jz…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5XOiTvMXlI good swap

its a good swap but your adding a lot of weight to the front end.
Now the sr should be around the same as the f20. so… thats why I was interested in doing that.

but look how much hp ur making or put in a 1jz tht a light motor

1jz not really that light i was lifting that motor onto a trailer + a 2JZ today buddy lol they are around 500lbs each with no tranny :slight_smile:

ya go to www.stwok.com they are the guys doin the swaps

This is a joke right?? Tag Racecraft makes what, 700whp?? on a stock s2000 block in their rwd civic.

Yeah seriously…

Stock for stock too…S13 SR makes like 30hp less and it’s turbo. Throwing in an ancient (in comparrison) motor would be ridiculously stupid IMHO…

I think the money would be more wisely spent building the F20, either SC or high comp NA w/ ITBs…I have a hard on now. Just think about it 10k + redline, VTECH, through ITBs and a crazy exhaust…mmmmmmm

f20 > sr20det.

A pos ancient turbo motor vs an amazing NA motor only rivaled by a select few factory 100hp+/liter motors (eg; m3 NA motor, the new m5 NA motor, etc…).

As got_boost said it, a supercharger or NA /w ITBs… plus an f20 sounds so sick when built…

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/2005/05/amuse_s2000_gt1.html

if you want some serious power out of that s2000, don’t bother with either of those 2 motors… that car needs a nice 2.5-3L inline 6… That engine bay is made for it.
I think the only reason it’s a 2L engine is because of japanese laws. I believe anything above 2L in displacement will cost you quite a bit more to register. Also, I personally don’t like engines that NEED to rev past 6k in order to make power.

2jz is a nice swap and just because you are adding some extra weight in the front doesn’t mean the weight distribution is going to be all screwed up. Just make sure the engine sits as close to the firewall as possible.

Keep in mind that the s2k costs 50k and is in the same class as a 350z covertable, bmw z4, porsche boxter etc… not a single one of those has a dinky 4cyl. 2L. I guess it’s just the japanese way of doing things… I’m sure that engine is good, but if you have the money, do what Honda couldn’t do and put a proper inline 6 in there and have yourself a nice car.

heh yeah it is.
but the fact remains that the motor is slow as shit.

ill take the f20c and put it in a AE86. That is a serious lightweight for the champion.

So you want to replace an amazing work of art and craftsmanship motor, with a low tech peice 1980s designed SR20?

And it makes about the same power stock?

The SR20 is not exactly the champion among champions of motors, and is definatly not “fast as shit”, it is most likly slower than the “slow as shit” f20c.

But if what you care about it straight line speed then why did you purchase a s2000 in the first place?

get a vg35 swap SS or TT or any 2 letters u want

dont put a sr20… thats a budget engine or stock engines for 240sx. sucha small engine to replace a small engine is not smart.

not interested in straight line. I am just saying the stupid thing doesn’t have any tq.

sr s2000, coooooooooooooooool

the sr will have about 50% more torque… but if you want torque why stop there? a vg/ve/vq series v6 with some turbo goodness will get you far more

um, if you’re talking about torque, why has a V8 not been mentioned?

i’m not saying i support the idea, the F20c is a great motor. build and/or boost it.

it would have to be ripped totally apart to boost it. The motor is 11:1 compression from the factory. I think it would be a better idea if I just found a jdm or just another motor to build it for that. Seems a shame to take the original motor from the car and mod it to that extreme.

If it’s torque you’re after, then a Honda shouldn’t have even been considered in the first place.

swap a 2jZ in for a little over 10g’s, im sure u will be more then happy with that. but yeah i would just sell the car then and buy something else unless u want to be different