Stupid Rednecks Putting V8s where they don't belong

I mean come on, who would put a smaller, lighter, more powerful, larger displacement engine into a smaller lighter, nimble chassis?

Who the hell would then discover the small block ford V8 actually sits further behind the K member than the original VG30E?

What stupid schmuck would then notice the front end sitting higher with the “heavy” V8?

I mean come on, who wants torque anyway?

And who wants two screws for fuel management, 3 wires for engine management anyway?

Well … me.

Now, someone give me an S13 or 14 to play with

:noes:

oh no… I think… oh wait… nope I did… I just blew a load in my shorts

oh my god thats so sexy

The real question is, will you be able to beat my SR20DET and still get
30miles to the galon? I guess not, guess we didn’t think about that now, did we?

IBflamewar

Nice Nice, I wanted to do that for YEARS in my S13

wowww…

Heh, fuel economy is for hippies.

If I wanted something economic, I’d buy a Smart Car.

30 mpg isn’t that good, and yeah, with highway gears you can squeeze it out of a V8 if it’s tuned properly.

It’s only 4.7L

And I don’t have to wait for Overnight Parts From Japan,

Every Candian Tire in Canada has all the parts I could ever need, in stock and cheap.

The rebuild kit is like $120!!!

But I’m not even going to be driving it. It’s a girl’s car.

My 2.0 will be plenty for me.

My 2.0 >

Next up is the 6.6L we’ve got. Just gotta find a home for it. Mmm vintage turbo pistons for cheap. TT 383 anybody?

THAT will be bad on gas :wink:

You just end up using more fuel when you go faster

S13 swap would be a breeze. And a SBF doesn’t weigh much more than a KA, and would sit in the same location.

I like the SBF because of its short deck. A SBChrysler would be cool too. A bit taller (hood scoop time) but very narrow. And make wicked power for cheap.

Finally, a Cobra I can fit in!

Will the hood clear the filter?
Nice swap. Post it up on Hybrid Z 8)
There are lots of guys wanting to put SBCs into Nissan trucks since the majority of the powerplants found in them from the factory are useless and inefficient.

The VG30E would make a great boat anchor.

I’m pretty sure the V8 argument has been made countless times. With that being said, there are reasons as to why carbs were replaced by fuel injection.

Likewise there are reasons why some people elect a smaller displacement motor over a larger displacement motor.

Everyone has their preference. I mean if the roles were reversed and we lived in Japan where everything is small displacement, and parts could be purchased locally at the nearest auto store, it would be just about as attractive an option, as going V8 does here…

It’s a nice swap either way.

So when is someone going to come out with an LS6 240SX? 8)

It’s been done like 300 times already.

Btw, really nice! Can’t wait to see that in action. :smiley:

Btw, really nice! Can’t wait to see that in action. :D[/quote]

By someone, I was referring to someone on SON. I know it’s been done, pretty much every engine/car combination has been done by SOMEONE. Any links? I’m actually curious as to how it all looks when it’s finished (LS6 240sx).

Z31’s are pure wood…

except this one:

http://www.ziptied.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6734

Btw, really nice! Can’t wait to see that in action. :D[/quote]

i dare you to try to find one.

LS1, yes, LT1, lots…

LS6? maybe 1 or 2.

BTW, Love this. V8 = sex.

Gonad, LS1 (Corvette, Camaro, Trans Am, etc.) 5.7L V8. 30MPG hwy in those heavy beasts. Imagine in an S13 chassis? Probably 32mpg+

Wow making a few 100hp from a V8 and tuning a carb… that’s impressive… oh wait no it’s not… it’s the simple way out of actually having to do something to create the power, technically boring and displays no ability to build/fabricate/tune what so ever.

and a 330+ dry weight, bare motor ( LS2 ) is hardly light… ( i’ve weighed this motor for a SEABEE marine aircraft. )

but this is all just MY opinion…

This swap has one thing: wow factor

Put a V8 with enough cheap available aftermarket parts into a lightweight
chasis and you have yourself a nice ride.

Ah well, if the usual SR20 or KAT swap bore ya, and you have time,
paitence, tools, and know how, why the hell not.

Plus, nothing can really beat the lumpy, throaty rumble of a V8 (except
maybe a Ferrari motor). :dunno:

[quote=“BAS”]** does not play well with others[quote]

… at least he knows.

BAS, you’re awesome dude. You are 100% right, it’s not impressive at all.

haha your all f u c k i n g ricers, no true race car is economy, if u cant afford gas you shouldnt be in this game losers, mr200 thats really nice, alot of you dont know shit about v8s

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Honda/9/D3895DB7-382C-46CC-9C7A-C69BEA2A5D90.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Honda/9/6616642A-FC75-4800-810E-19D7ECA25150.htm