350SX no joke!! it can and will be done...check this out

just putting the bug in your ear i’m currently planning an engine swap thats probably never been done, for obvious reasons. i’ve got a chevy 350 small block crate engine that I will be attempting to drop into my 90’ 240. call me stupid call me what you will, when I meet up with you guys in niagra with 330hp n/a at the rear wheels then we’ll talk. anyways let me know what you guys are thinking…honestly

fyi i’ve got a mastermind mechanic on my side. i’ll also keep you posted on the progress.

Not sure why this is in Tech but I think the 350ci has been done before. :dunno:

Its been done, even with bigger V8’s

Throws off the weight distribution, would only be good for drag racing

But none the less, sounds like an awesome project.

Have fun with it

Yeah, 302 and 350 has been done before. You’ll need to modify the oilpan.

they weigh no different than a KA actually, within 50lbs anyways. relocating the battery negates that.

the reason most people dont do it is because its sorta blasphemous… like puttin an RB in a vintage stang.

and yes this has been done a hundred times over… there are a couple for sale on ebay this month

I don’t think it’s been said enough so far, so I’ll say it one more time…

It’s been done before…

On that note. Good luck, and hope to see it running in Niagara like you said.

I’ve looked around a lot for info on this swap and from what I can tell an aluminum block (LS1) has never been done before – attemped quite a few times but never completed successfully on a street car.

There are a couple of drag cars though.

I’m sure its been done, but I don’t think ever documented on the net.

most v8 240’s are drag only. There’s a nice 409ci in an S13… shes a monster.

Anyhow, good luck with the swap and let us know how its going - interested to see how it goes for you.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?s=f6d478c9b5ab81eca195a1414105e05e&t=267840

Brock

Bah, I was so expecting a VQ35DE in a 240 or something. V8 would be cool though.

Lots of dudes put 350s and 427s and LS1s in FCs all the time, never seen one in an S13 though!

it would be 570sx

good point. indeed it would.

its a great idea, once my turbo sohc blosw up… i am 100% putting a lS1 into the 240sx… they dont weigh much more and its a way better power plant…

i vote 360 magnum

360SX magnum power!

for fucks sake

590SX magnum power

… ick

Magnum = hollow oil through pushrods

hollow oil through pushrods = chevy technology

chevy technology + Mopar = bastard slow child

Mopar Wedge power!

That’s power.

bahhhh

i want roller rockers

mmm BWAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

i want to see this thing. haha nah it wont throw the weight off that much, its all in the driver after all, small engines only is ricer talk :wink:

]

so how many L would a 440 Wedge be?

7.2L?