anyone ever seen a 240 with a small chev block ?

hey guys, i got a video of a 280z with a small chev block v8 in it, powerslides in 5th @_@, anyway, anyone seen a 240 with a small chev block in it ?

thx

240Z or 240SX??

Yes.

and…?

Why is this in technical?

Sometimes I wonder about you people, it’s really not that complicated.

I’ll move it for you.

240SX

There is a guy in Kingston workin on a 350 Swap right now. I guess he is havin some problems gettin it mounted… Not something id wanna do personally. Cant put a hillybilly soul into a Jap lol.

but think about it, a torquey v8 240, wouldnt that be nice ? :wink:

I have a couple pics with V8’s in 240sx’s. One is a Ford 302 in an S13, the other is an LS1 in an S14. Most people disagree, but this is something I want to do. There are V8’s that are about the same weight as a stock KA.

Not sure how to post a pic, so if you want them, pm me your email address and I can email them to you.

There is a guy down in Florida who is putting a Q45 engine into an S13, but haven’t talked to him since early summer, so don’t know how he’s coming along.

Brent

alesserfate@hotmail.com
yes i wanna see them all =D

thanks!

vh45de

we have an engine we just need money!

that 240 with chev was also blown

vh45, wahst the vh ?

whats a search engine

LOL @ what is search engine[/quote]

i know wtf a vh45 is, what does the VH in the vh45 stand for… 8)

blown 302ci in an s13a:
http://www.hardcore4x4customs.com/page7.html

vk45de in a 240sx…discussion:
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic83599.htm

Found this as well:
“Q: I am about to start a project this winter, putting a 350 small block Chevy from a corvette into my 240sx. I blew the stock motor and this ultimately will be cheaper. So if you know of any problems with this swap let me know.
A: The oil pan on the Chevy motor is incompatible with the crossmember/ steering rack of the 240SX. Spin around and modify the cross member, using a Thunderbird/Mustang/Pinto steering rack, and swap the spindle assemblies from one side to the other, to make the ‘front-steer’ rack work. The small block Ford goes in with less fabrication, but it’s a Ford! There are other things, such as fuel pressure regulation, or alternative fuel pump requirements with a carburetor motor.”