S2000 Powered S14 ? Been done ? Can be done?

uhm, I thought the best part of the S2000 was the ergonomics and tight cockpit… I mean that interior is pimp… sell your S14, finance the S2000

How much does the engine/transmission combo weigh and how does it compare to the KA or other swaps like the RB, SR, LS1, and so on. I’m thinking it isn’t much lighter (or marginally so). A higher revving engine doesn’t necessarily make the engine better, it just means it revs higher, and may need to in order to get enough power out of it. You want to have power anywhere possible, not just at redline.

I couldn’t agree more with Solarian once again. Man, everytime I think about posting something, you somehow already post what I would probably have said.

And people don’t notice it but most 240 owners are definitely the next generation of ricers. Notice how everyone has the gay black aero and all that stuff. People just want to do stuff for the sake of being different but they end up just like everyone else. It’s ironic, I know.

I have gay black aero on my black car

lol beef

if it was easy, i would of went to a f22c anyday over a SR. too played out imo : D
btw…don’t you want it to go bwaaaaaaAAAA!!!

as do i…

Anything special you’d like to direct to us Mark?
I’m sorry having a silver 240 with advans is far from an everyday 240 right?

Oh wait, you swapped in an sr…

I meant to say on a car that isn’t black. :slight_smile:

And Martino…

:picard:

Ahh yes, the oh so cool sigh signs

el oh el

I have the issue. They say itevens out the weight distribution from 46/54 or so to something like 48/52 IIRC. Numbers may not be accurate, but there are definitely advantages.

I can’t see a weight reduced S14 or S13 weighing MUCH MORE than an s2k.

It actually appears that a 240 weighs less than an S2000.

S13- 1224kg
S14- 1253kg
S2000- 1271kg

I just don’t see the “played out” argument holding water. So, is it played out to get good hp/dollar? The new trend! Drop 10G’s on your car to still run 15’s. Genius, why didn’t I think of this? You can say aero and visual mods are played out, but really who gives a fuck what is making 300whp in your car. Something is. The power is getting to your rear tires, to spin your unique baller wheels that no one else has.
If you don’t want to have a run of the mill car, get gangster rare wheels and a crazy widebody, then build up a COST EFFECTIVE motor to make it go fast. Nobody will be impressed by a stock looking 240 that spent 15k to get 265rwhp and like 230rwtq, even if it’s coming from a twin-charged Lada motor.

a stock G35 will run what… 15.1?^

and that bohemoth weighs what 3670kg?

yeah imo it’s a waste of time, there are plenty of other engines that would be a better investment of your time… ie a rotary would destroy the honda on power and also be far lighter…

but the main reason is why on earth would you want to only have power at 9k lol, sure it revs high but what’s it get you nothing except you get to say my car revs to 9, then your buddy who’s v8 revs to 6k mutilates you all over the rev range. it doesn’t seems liek a logical choice, my opion of the s200 was always that the engine was the weakest part…it could have been a much better car with torque down low

but hey maybe i’m just power crazy… i do have 2 rb powerd s13’s one stock one 600hp … but i just can’t stand the smaller engines, i like my low down grunt… i’ve owned many a powerful sr and a cammed out high hp ca i’m always disappointed.

the only reason i would be considdering this swap is because i dont want boost, too many issues for me, a nice clean NA swap with high revs and similar torque to a ka would be fun,

s2000 motor plus intake header exhaust, msd ignition, nice clutch, maybe cams,

and your at 250 wheel with maybe 200 torque, look into the prices of s2000 motors and you will see because there is no market for these engines the prices are under 2000 - but besides the point, it is reliable and fast, and if the post about the s2000 being heavyer than the s14 about 4 up, than the theory of being a 15 second car is out of the question - but its not about drag anyways,

samsons car runs 15 + and his car is drift tastic, he wants more power now becuase his skills are better than the car he drives lol

i dont know i just think it would be fun to do something like that , IF it were going to be cost effective - only

yeah but its where that power and torque is thats a problem… not the ammount… but if it’s your bag of tea then by all means its a free country and it’d sure be interesting. na rotaries still easily out do the f22, and are much less money…a properly built and ported one will make more power than you ever needed and revs high… they are however loud like nobdies buisiness… and high maitenence… but an n/a is actually reliable turbos are where rotaries get sketchy since manny people don’t know what they are doing…

If you want an N/A, then get a V8. Seriously, they’re cheap, and going to make more power than an S2000 engine for sure. If you want to rev high, then do a rotary swap/buy an rx7.

it bring the balance closer to 50/50 is what im talkign about
according to import

edit: thank you dan

and whoever said buy a rotary if you want revs…
yeah if you like fixing pain in the fucking ass motors ALL the time

edit edit: aside from my above comment, i still ike rotaries
had i not bought the gtr, i would have bought an rx-7

Fuck it, proper response it is.
I looked up on the net what a 1/4 mile for a stock G is, but I figured that’s kind of debatable, so I decided to go on driver and pull some records with verified timeslips of bone stock 1/4 mile times. This is what I found:
Reserved for Stock Entries for the VQ35DE

1. BobbyD --------- 03 - Sedan - 6MT - 13.84@101 ----- 2.040 60ft — Verified — Street — -1200ft DA
    2. Reidonly ------- 05 - Coupe - 6MT - 14.05@102.35 – 2.193 60ft — Verified — Street ----
  2. Dv8 ------------ 03 - Coupe - Auto- 14.37@96 ------ 2.217 60ft — Verified — Street ---- ???ft DA
  3. 06g35meister — 06 - Coupe - 6MT - 14.40@96.9 ---- 2.253 60ft — Verified — Street ---- ???ft DA

The bolded entry even matches my year :wink:
Furthermore, my car easily handles and stops better than a 240, looks… well, I wouldn’t even allow anyone to compare the two in terms of looks. And all of this with automatic climate control, power everything I can think of, steering wheel audio, and god knows what else.
Oh, sorry, most important part, my car isn’t made from random pieces of refuse that I grabbed from the junkyard like all of your cars I’ve seen.
So, you were saying? I really don’t appreciate snide remarks.

another option is the vq35de from g35 350z fx35 and a whole bunch of nissan/infinity. with so much supply it will surely get cheaper. It has been done, last mth there was a s13 vq35 on sportscompact mag.