S2000 Powered S14 ? Been done ? Can be done?

Yea but they said it handled like a pile of garbage.

There’s a guy on NissanNation right now who’s doing a VQ swap in his S14. Motor should be going in soon…

Here’s a link to the build thread: http://www.nissannation.ca/vbb/showthread.php?t=238

hondas suck end of discussion

this is what I’m saying… drop $40K and still run 14’s, what temp/elevation were those top times from, stock tires? not a snide remark it was very open and obvious, your sarcastic remark was more snide than mine.

“wanna argue sematics?”

personnally, I love my kouki, nothing like having a Nissan employee ask you what kind of car is that, I mean, I see what 2-3 a month tops, and 30-40 G’s/Z’s everyday.

but I digress, S2k is best as a whole package

most important part, mine are owned, yours says; Nissan finacing canada? on the ownership of “your car”… randon pieces or not.

how and when did this thread about a f22 motor swap turn into a debate about how fast ant’s car runs and why it is superior to s chassis’?

because he’s insecure about himself and feels he’s above us, yet still will converse with us…

your car’s better than ant’s, and grasshoppers, not so much butterflies though.

PROS - to s2000 motor vs vq35, or v8

Light weight
Very Reliable NA
High Revs with decent torque
Almost bullet proof tranny from the forums ive been on
Amazing on gas if this car were to be streetable

Cons -

hondas suck ? (no)
rotary engines have ZERO torque and are not reliable
terrible on gas
vq35 is a bag of potatoes when it comes to handling (in a 240)
v8 is out of the question this is a drift car not a farm project
like i said again gas

All in all its just like any sr swap, without the hastle and rarity of parts,

if i need a part for my f22 i can go directly to honda instead of going aftermarket or from japan for my sr.

but anyways im going to price everything out and see how it looks and get back to you guys -

im not aiming for 400 horsepower or 60 pounds of boost

250 wheel on an na motor that can be flipped in and out as easily as a ka but with a little bit of modern technology would be great - if it is going to be cost effective and fun :smiley:

lol who wouldnt want that sound

Darian, don’t your posts in this thread prove that you are the insecure one? I never once mentioned my car until you did, and now you’re trying to mask it by pointing fingers at me. If you want to continue on with your attempts to bolster your ego feel free, I’ve said what I needed to say.

if u want an honda… then sell yout 240 and get a honda…

/thread

bahahaha…ego, come on now, ask your mom, with a cock like mine I don’t need an ego boost, I need bigger pants.

chad just sell your shit already, you’ve been feeling up the market for how long? in or out… glad I don’t play cards with you.

I’m not one for the sound of the S2000, the car itself is nice though. I’m neutral on this topic. All in all, I think it’s up to the owner of the car as to what swap they want to do. Everyone has their own views and opinions as to what should be done to their car and what the end result they would like to achieve is. If he likes the sound of the F-series engine and wants one in his S14 and thinks it’s the best swap for what he means to do with the car, I say go for it. That’s the exact same reason why you see all the different swaps/builds in the S-chassis (KA-T, SR20, RB20/25/26, CA18, VQ35, VH45, LS1, F20/22 etc.), it comes down to differing opinions. I don’t think anyone is stupid for doing any swap, if they can get it done right, make it work and be happy with it, all the power to them. Each engine has its own advantages and disadvantages designed to meet the “wants/needs” of the driver, if he wants an F-series engine and has the cash to do it, try it out, see how you like it! Bashing because you dislike his ideas wont do anything…it just causes havoc.

Pros:

light weight- has yet to be proven. I haven’t seen any engine weights posted. A lot of people think that because an engine is smaller Liter-wise, it’ll weigh less, but a 5.7L ls1 weighs less than a 2.4L KA, and a 1.3L 13b.

High revs- thats a statistic, not a pro or con.

Good torque- 153ft/lbs IS NOT GOOD

Amazing on gas:
S2000- 18mpg city/ 24 hwy <----20 combined
Camaro Z28- 17mpg city/ 26 hwy <----20 combined

So an LS1 swap would be better on gas because the camaro weighs a lot more than the 240 (3405lbs vs 2762lbs), meaning that there would be a large decrease in the gas needed to move it. The engine also weighs less than the stock KA.

Cons:

Hondas suck- not really, but JDM fanboys do.

terrible on gas - I’m confused how this is both a pro and con, unless you’re showing that the honda engine is pro because its is good on gas and everything else is bad, in which case you’re wrong.

Vq bad for handling- Anytime you put weight in the front of a car, it isn’t good for handling. Same reason an RB swap usually isn’t the best route to take.

V8s are bad- I agree, having extra cylinders automatically means that you can’t drift with it. Don’t mind all the LS1 240/RX7s that can drift, thats just an illusion and they’re tricking you. They’re actually farm projects and aren’t JDM tyte whatsoever, and are probably going to break down as soon as they start up. amirite?