Hi bros.May ı ask a question ?

Hi mates,ım Michael.I’m new here.Now, ı ve a 05 s2k. but ı love s14 than s2k.
so,ım free to buy a 95 s14 , but ı have to know smth.about that car.In canada we have sr20det engine… ? or ka24 engine ?how can ı make the decision which is … which is … from their outside ??

thanks a lot… :R

Good choice in the Honda to Nissan move.
Stock for stock, the S2000 is a more agile and powerful car, but you can make the S14 up to be a monster that far exceeds the S2K.
Stock in North America, the S14 came with a KA24DE. You have a choice where you can either turbocharge the rugged KA block or you can swap in an SR20DET. Either choice usually exceeds the stock performance of the S2000.

There are two versions of the S14.
95 - 96 and then 97 - 98.
96 - 96 has a very rounded headlight setup. The taillights are a composition of ovals.
97 - 98 has a very angular and agressive looking headlight setup. The tailights are sectioned with straight cuts.

As far as any additonal details, I’ll leave it up to the Silvia gurus to list the details. And WELCOME

firstly, thanks a lot.
which one has more parts (camshaft,camgears,strokers … etc.)

which one is the best ? a ka24turbo or sr20det turbo ?

if we choose ka24 ? are there a turbo kit for this ? and ı have to change internal equipments…pistons,rods are available for ka24 ? or stroker

thanks a lot… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

In terms of aftermarket support, the SR20 has alot of support and is becoming quite common, so parts arent that hard to source. Ka24 does have some aftermarket support but no where near to the extent the SR has. And i have yet to see a stroked ka while i have seen several stroked SRs.

Ka24 turboed offers more torque but since it wasnt designed as a motor with forced induction it will typically be less reliable.

PS. Welcome!

ok ıf ı swap my s14 by usıng sr20det engıne…how about transmission ?it will be same or ı ve to change with sr20det’s transmssion.

transmissions are the same, bellhousing is different. but when you buy an SR20det motorset or front clip, it will come with a transmission aswell that bolts right upto your stock driveshaft.

if your looking for the quick but still powerful route, then yeh get a clip.
you can just swap everything over and have the car running in no time.
if your doing KA-T then you’ll probably spend more time sourcing the parts and preferably more time looking for a low mileage engine.

and with the kat if u want to do it properly u will need a good tune. where a sr u can use it the way it is