s13 ka24de vs s14 ka24de

I’m new to Nissan’s. i bought myself a nice s13 hatch. turns out the ka24de in it is leaking from the front main seal…i was gonna get a whole new front timing cover that comes along with the seal and oil pump…felt i might as well…the best priced one i found tho was for a ka24de for an s14(95-98 models is what it says)
Which makes me wonder…is there a difference between the two?
between the dohc s13 and s14 ka’s?
if so, what are they?
and if not…why sell these parts specifically for those years?
just curious…

just replace the front main seal…its like 8 bucks for the gasket or something…pull the crank pulley pop out old one pop in new one…and just check the part numbers they are probably the same

agreed

Yeah that’s what ive decided to do. The part numbers are different also so i guess it’s a good thing that i didn’t order it. but can anyone explain the differences? I’m still curious.

The only real difference is in the head. The head was slightly changed in the S14, it is said to be stronger and from what i have seen it flows better.
I have a stock 220,000 k s14 ka with a t3/t4 turbo setup, mega squirt, head studs and 740cc injectors. Radek at RS tuning pulled 335hp out of it a 9psi. This set up was on a built s13 ka and it only got 340 at 14 psi, after swaping all the parts to the s14 the maps had to be changed because it was flowing much more air.

agreed, noticed more power with the s14 ka24det than the s13 ka24det

did you have the swirl control valves removed in the s13 intake manifold ?

ya used the intake without the extra set of valves

Is there anyway to tell the difference between a s13 and s14 engine out of the car? or in other words, if you bought a ka24de, and didnt no if it was from a s13 or a s14, is there anyway to tell.