Bobble head pete..

The few times ive dealt with JVG he has been more then helpful and has had great prices. Pete ive never had a problem with you either but skateshelter seems to be your sidekick :lol

there is more to running a store than what a school can teach ya . what about dealing wit the public , handling bullshit etc etc . its hard as hell and thats one of the reason i dont have my own shop now

This

I will say, opening up a store such as JVG did is just a hard thing to do in an area where there is not a lot of money to be made. Online stores killed “niche” type stores like that. Most people will wait the week it takes to get a part for a few bucks less then just ponying up the cash to someone right then and there. CompUSA is a perfect example, they were not making any money with all the online retailers selling things much cheaper without sales tax and pretty much closed up shop, i think they still have a few stores but IIRC were planning on closing up shop completely.

Same thing is starting to happen with Barnes and Noble

Any store front your generally going to pay a little bit more then what you would online, only way to make any sort of money in a retail store is to buy in bulk, problem witht hat is not knowing whats going to sell and what your going to sit on for months/years

Unfortunately opening up a “performance” parts store around here is bound to fail if thats all your doing, people around here are cheap, the car scene is not like some other BIG city places where walk in to drop coin on some quality shit on the spot, and most places like that generally have a shop to install it.

JVG wasnt the first or the last performance parts store to close up shop around here, doesnt make JVG a failure or an idiot, hell if anything I’d give him credit for doing what he did.

Untill you run a store, or anything dealing with customer service and overhead I don’t think you have a place to bash on JVG Performance for closing up shop

Gearhead had the same issue I would imagine

What is your major?

BA

Undeclared business? There is no “BA” at Siena.

BA would probably mean business administration. about as useful as a liberal arts degree.

Kinda pointless to have a store with all kinds of overheard when any idiot can place an order from Summit or any other parts place online with the same prices and youll get it in a few days without having to go back to the store to get it. No wonder why a store like that failed.

Siena College does not offer a BS in “business administration.” I’m just curious what Pete is taking since we now attend the same school :number1

Wtf happened in here :lol

“Blow and Adderall”
“Blow and Shittybeer”

looks like they have business management; pretty similar to administration.

i would guess bs in marketing… judging by the courses he took were generally the same as mine.

Stop quoting Leo I blocked his ass for a reason

Fixed.

KPMG likes to hire marketing majors. Good choice