Body/Paint work question

I’m looking into getting my sidemarkers shaved. You can see front and rear in this picture, they’re the orange (front)/red (back) “bricks” on the triple white stripe near the front and rear:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/1988%20MR2%20Supercharged/downsized_0417091123.jpg

They’re in the metal fenders and quarter panels, no plastic/ABS or whatever work involved. Just looking to have the area smooth and with a decent matching paint job, I’d like to have as small of an area as possibly painted, preferably not the whole panel (no idea if this is possible or not, but in an ideal world it’s what I want :lol )

Any recommendations?

And I know this is a similar thread to a few others, but I feel that since this is an “optional” thing it’s a little different than if you got in an accident and are trying to fix it.

Gracias.

you would have to have a metal plate welded in, smoothed out, you could prob get away with just painting the front half of the fender and blending it out, but the whole fender would need to be cleared.

just paint the marker red

So…wheres the engine??

nah still looks like shit. it really transforms the whole look of the car car to have them off of there.

i couldn’t find it in the front??? i dunno. someone told me it was behind the seats but i looked in the trunk… found nothing. i’m at a loss here.

The whole fender will need to be done in order to do it correctly.

How about shaving your gayness while you’re at it hmmm

Other possible jokes were:

‘When are you going to install the underglow toobz?’
‘[something about taillights]’

Heres an option, just remove the light, and have dave tint em nicey nice. Its gonna cost ya a good amount of $ to have it done correctly! And really, the front bumper should be blended too, but Im a little crazy with that shit…

Honestly your paint looks good but its an older paint job (original) and being that its red its gonna look shitty when its repainted. Red is one of the worst colors to match because it fades so easily.

I had some bodywork done on a red truck I had and as much as the shop tried it didnt quite match the semi-faded paint on the rest of the truck.

That being said its really not worth shaving off the lights.

Remove them, spray body color, remove bulbs, profit.

give me time, that’s #2 on the list

and i have no idea what i’m going to do with sidemarkers. i REALLY want them gone but don’t feel like spending $500+. ill probably leave them for now.

stupid USDOT BS :lol

looks sooooo much better like this

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jdm%20aw11/JigenVW/AW11.jpg

fail i see nothing
neg rep

Hey, dipshit, do what I said to do :shifty.

It’s what everybody who has a brain does with E46 sidemarkers.

remove sidemarker
place red tape over hole

either tint/ paint match it, or make some jdm blockoff shit.

to do it right, metal needs to fill the void. if the welder is good, there will be no warpage. you’ll just have to grind the welds, and only need to use a touch of lightweight filler.

the fender will never look right blended. plus, the rest of the paint on the car would need to match the fenders.