Body Shop

As some of you know my car is in two colors and i’m in need to make it one. I’m looking for a good place to get my front end done which includes two fenders and a front bumper. One of the fenders is going to need some fixin as it has some damage. If anyone knows a good place let me know. Thanks

Josh Chan

You’ll need to do the whole car now man. The current paint on the car is probably faded big time, and if you just paint the front half of the car, it’s going to be totally mis-matched.

ok so then what would be a good place that you would recommend…?

How much money you plan on spending?

very true, you cant just paint the front end, it will totally mismatch

and a decent\good paintjob, u are looking at 3-4 thousand for the whole car…

What happened to your good deal on fixing the fender?

i havent got a chance to go there yet i forgot the address its on the north side somewhere by a huges car wash…i went to herbers today and got a quote of …$3500 for just front end paint :vom: i nearly fainted and then the guy was accusing me off stealing the car because my VIN number was smaller than regular cars or something…man im never goin there again

Go to Tristar on the northside, 97st and 128 ave (right beside Kingways toyota), their prices are pretty good. I think you should just get a new fender instead of trying to fix your fucked up one because it may be cheaper in the end.

tristar is the place to be, the layed paint on my pathfinder and it looks good

almost need sunglasses 8) i would NEED sunglasses if i had escalade wheels :E

Remember, there are plenty of body shops out there that are not these big names like Herbers and shit. Someone with a paint booth and good painting skills is all you need, not a big company name behind it. The bigger the company, the higher their overhead therefore the higher their hourly wage. Just my thoughts.

And what did you think it was going to cost to paint a car, $200? lol

It should go without saying not to go to Maaco. They could probably do your whole car for $800, but the paint will look like crap and it won’t last. Just in case you were thinking about it. :E

I dont know man. The Maaco job on Aarons car seems to be holding up pretty good, right Aaron?

:butthead: Haha, riiiight, cause my car would see Maaco. lol.

But, I also hear that Maaco only does a shit job at the prep work and the actual paint isn’t that bad. Dirt cheap as well.

Heck, DrifterX should take it there to bring whatever rumors to truth. lol.

Hell, if you did all the prep work yourself you might actually be ahead of the game.

And no, Aaron’s car obviously wasn’t painted my Maaco. That looks like Canadian Tire spray paint color #09814. :E

Maaco, like any other shop that gives chopped rates, can do a good job, it just costs you more. If you take your time and prep the car well, a Maaco job can look ok, but because they don’t put many layers, it doesn’t last.

Give Arlon Automotive a call. My buddy had his car painted there a few years back after an accident and they did a good job for a decent price. The only thing that they don’t do is rust repair.

go to route 66 ask for chris he hook youi up

Yes Chris does awesome work!! He painted my uncles Cadilac last year. BUT… Eddie moved the shop and I don’t know where they are now!!

parsons road and…about 25th ave right beside extreme effects i believe?