body work? how would i go about getting this fixed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/dawny/DSC01860.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/dawny/DSC01865.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/dawny/untitled3.jpg

I had a little “I’m drunk, and I’m going to stomp your car” incident happen, and this was the result. I’ve been driving around like this, but it really really does bother me. I went to Autohaus to get an estimate for Paintless Dent Repair, but the guy said it was too much damage to fix with PDR. He said it’s too close to the window and the crunch bar or something?

Do I have any other options? I don’t really want to get another door. Since this would involve painting, and my car is no where near the shininess and condition of new paint. But I do want to fix it. I hate looking at the dents. Can I atleast just try and pop them out a little??

You have 2 options:

1. Cheap and OK looking
  2. Expensive and can’t tell it ever happened

If it’s your DD and not a real “nice” car I’d probably take the door apart and start pushing on it with something round, forming it back to as close to normal as possible. Then refinish it with whatever the best combination of sanding, priming, and painting is. I would think to sand it till it’s nice and smooth, repaint the whole door, wet sand till you can’t feel anything, clearcoat, buff, wax. But somebody is about to chime in that knows for sure…

you always talk about how fat you are, take it off and stomp on it a few times? :gotme:

junkyard, sand and shoot. call it a done deal… you could pop it out using the slide hammer method if you have a welder, then mud the shit out of it but it will be more work than just going to the yard and picking one up

Nah, it’s an 89. Don’t expect it to look perfect, just less dented? Haha. I suppose when it’s a little nicer out I’ll work on pushing the dents out, if it’s actually as simple as it sounds.

its not as simple as it sounds, the dents have creases, and therfore need to be worked out w/ a hammer and dolly

shoving the dent out with brute force will only compound the problem

damn, do me a favor, go on the audi boards and see if you can find someone with a picture of a disassembeled door, showing the internal structure, post it up and i can advise you from there as to what it will take

and oh yea, audi sheetmetal doesnt take kindly to slide hammers … usualy makes it look like you tried to fix a dent with bird shot in a shot gun

This computer doesn’t have paint, or I’d show you how the inside of the door looks. I don’t feel like going on the audi boards right now.

Could I take it to a place to get it done correctly, without having to paint it?

I can’t tell to easily but a new door skin maybe a better way to go.

U CANT POPthat dent out the metal now has beencreased making it flimsy and when u push that dent out it could rip the skin apart. it happend to my tercel

If you want to do it right:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4212304.html

easiest will be a new door…

if you want to make it “better”, a hammer and dolly

if you want to make it good with a lot of work… “stud welder, slide hammer, hammer and dolly, bondo, etc…”

Here’s three, I’m not sure if the 91 and 88 will fit yours though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-1991-Audi-100-New-Right-Front-Door-Skin_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33642QQitemZ2480885179QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

assuming thats what you have…

[quote=“dawn,post:7,topic:25794"”]

Could I take it to a place to get it done correctly, without having to paint it?

[/quote]

that means you just want it hammer out. youll still have a wavy door if you do that, and it could look worse because of all the hammering on the pannel to get it nearly straight

also, audi doesnt sell just door SKINS, just complete doors

and the skin CAN be hammered back into place, creases mean nothing other then it took more effort to do the damage, and its going to take extra work to fix the damage. the only time you realy rip a panel is when you get into dents that need to be removed using hyraulic equipment

It’s really not that hard of a repair, just time consuming. Use a stud gun, slowly pull it out, many have to use quite a few studs. You don’t want to try to pull those dents out with only a few pulls, could over pull the sheetmetal. The studs come off pretty easy using a good pair of dykes. Hammer and dolly a few low spots and cover with a fine coat of icing and/or bondo.

[quote=“strokedlx,post:15,topic:25794"”]

It’s really not that hard of a repair, just time consuming. Use a stud gun, slowly pull it out, many have to use quite a few studs. You don’t want to try to pull those dents out with only a few pulls, could over pull the sheetmetal. The studs come off pretty easy using a good pair of dykes. Hammer and dolly a few low spots and cover with a fine coat of icing and/or bondo.

[/quote]

great advice! like strokedlx said, if your going to use a stud and pull, go slow, work a little bit at a time. because you can always go back, and pull more out. try not to go more than 1/4 inch of mud if possible. (ive always been told thats the max.) in some cases it is unavoidalbe. but here, i think this one will be a good learning experience.