Bolt, screw, etc... sizes

So I was wondering, what are all the default sizes of bolts and screws on an s13.

Instead of carrying all my heavy tools when I go to work on the car, I believe it would be much wiser to come prepared/ready with only what I need.

Someone wish to elaborate.

For example the steering column bolts are 1/2". And throughout the body inside the other big bolts they are 1/2". What else?

Where and how far do you live from your car that you have to carry all your tools to your car?

I have a box in my garage full of odd bolts, screws, nuts, washers I’ve taken off the car.

Common ones you’ll find are in the sizes of M6, M8, M10, M12, M14 with 1.0, 1.25, 1.50 threads. There’s probablly others but these are just off the top of my head.

If I don’t find what I need, I make a trip to the local Canadian Tire. :o

what…which bolt on your car is 1/2"…

Japanese cars have always been metric fasteners…

Old Old school american cars are standard…

most common tools are 10, 12, 14, 17, 19 wrenches/3/8" drive sockets in those sizes

1/2 drive for 17, 19, 21, 22

thats about all I can think for now…long flat screw driver, philips screw driver, big hammer…

Drain plug? maybe?

hahaha this thread is funny to me because this has been going thru my mind everyday!!

Im scared to take out my tools and some thing happens just when i dont have the right tool.

Maybe just the common ones like 8mm,10,12,14, ratchet and wrenches

Drain plug is 14mm

Bring exactly what Kick Ass Matt said and you’ll be good.

10mm is all i can say… its 90% a 10 and 10% everything else.

Most things are 10 mm or 14mm or a star screw driver haha:D

as for the bigger ones like crank 27mm, front hub 30mm or 32mm, and the rear hub 36mm.

I live in an appartment, therefore lol, I have to travel many ways… to get a place to work somewhere on the car, and usually only on sunny and beautiful days as today was.

I go to a parking lot of a coin car wash in the middle of no where, where there’s no body and it’s all blocked off by surrounding uninhabited buildings. I’ve seen others do the same sometimes. I enjoy working there… So each time I need tools, wherever I am, I want to know which ones exactly, as opposed to unecessarily carrying tools I do not need.

Size the bolts up before you leave to do your job. It could be a matter of reading the FSM (conveniently provided in PDF format) or looking at the bolts you need to take off beforehand???

Don’t forget any nut-buster compound, anti-seize grease when re-assembling and rags to clean your hands after the dirty work is finished.