Boost Creeps 94 Supra Turbo

Cant you get a unit to monitor the e85/93 mix so it will change the tune or whatever automatically? I think megasquirt had some kind of input for a feature like that.

You can get a unit to monitor the ethanol percentage, but I don’t think the tune can be automatically adjusted in this application. Simple solution is just keep E85 in the tank.

yeah so did mine. toyota and honda OBD2 arent so lucky.

to run stock ECU on an obd2 honda and turbo it, you need an OBD1 jumper harness because you cannot chip the obd2 ecu’s.

1 BIG advantage to the late model VWs.

MS does have that option. it used OEM GM Flex-Fuel sensors :thumbup

I need to walk this one off.

RUBIN! I miss you buddy.

Your sig is far too big.

If the EMS has a map select wire or circuit, then yes just as B said you can use a gm sensor to trigger that wire either directly, or via a relay circuit. Typically controlled by just a switch to ground. That ethanol sensor is just an overly complicated switch in the end.

I don’t know of an aftermarket EMS that doesn’t have that map select wire/circuit these days. :ponderMotec, AEM, Hydra, OBR, Autronic, 034, MS, etc, etc all have it. I’m sure alot of those Honda PnP’s/etc do too

Id love to have something cool like that from megasquirt to monitor when i use E85 or to help me work with E85.

I didn’t mean switch between two tunes, I meant automatically adjust the tune on the fly for ethanol percentage in the fuel.

I fucking wish i could get that.

Ah I see what you’re saying. FWIW, in regards to MS if you had some code and circuit skills you could devise the necessary hard/software to mod the MS autotune sequence code to run as a real time lambda-type tune reference except through the use of a/the FF sensor instead of a wideband.

Would be a tad tricky, and require some other tables but in the end it’s just adding another variable to the mix. It’s no different than the ems adjusting the fuel/timing for any other variable sensor input.

I don’t really jump into this whole “tuning” thing anymore. Just annoys and bores the fawk out of me.

a little reading, some may be interested

http://www.megamanual.com/flexfuel.htm

:slight_smile:

hey bRyan, if you want 1000hp on E85 you are gonna use almost all of those 1600cc injectors :wink: time for ID2000s

i would think 1000whp on e85 would be a silly idea. why not just do it on c16 and not risk any damage. either way you look at it, thats alot of stress on your motor brother

Youre a lot of stress on my motor BROTHER!
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/12/01/hogan_hulk_wideweb__470x355,0.jpg

because Supra tuners have done it several times with no issues, so why not. the guy who is tuning this car for him is one of the best in world as far as the Supra community is concerned.

Because E85 is a BETTER fuel than C16. Yep, I said it.

na jeff knows e85 sucks and its not pump fuel

yea no, no more C16

yea dumb. 1100whp e85 supras