Boost-hungry's Final Bulid.....srsly it is.....93 S13 coupe.

So as some of you may have already heard/read that my shop was broken into this past weekend while i was away. My car was hit in the A pillar with a hammer. I will how ever continue with my build as planned, just a hiccup in my build. Highlight of my weekend tho was i finally picked my wheels up from samson since i was in the area working on an sr swap from Jplatts s12 to some newbies S13 with white diamonds and coils (cars clean as fuck).

I will up load pics of the damages and the wheels test fitted to my coupe later when i have time.

1j / 2j? If it’s ur last build , might as well go all out

Would be nice. Was going to sell this car and buy dylans chassis but fuck it. Im going to finish what i started.

lol then there would be the start of another new build lol

this ones looking good, the vh would be a nice touch under the hood

pulled her out to get some sun today and i rented the tool from the body shop down the road today to fix my A pillar (gun with metal sticks almost like rivets welds to the spot then long hammer like tool) worked out nicely, just finished putting a small layer of filler. ill try to get around to posting pictures later.

fuck i hate rain, good line on a motor/trans. ill snap pics on arrival youll have to wait till then to find out my motor choice, but those of you who know me best shouldnt have any problems figuring it out lol.

cheers for now.

Lol I know this car … It’s got a door from my first red hatch haha apart from that the chassis was pretty mint fuxking finish this one Brandon or I’ll rape your face

Lol nick. workin on finishing this one. Haha

going to be getting some fab work done at S13counterpart soon.

• front tubs
  • frame rails
  • full cage
  • custom front strut bar
    maybe some other odds and ends we will see lol

vh…v8’s are fun

your right they are fun but i like boost … lol

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

i find my motor poll a bit funny . most of those voted would want to see me push my car around the track lol

s14/s15 SR even tho i hate them
5 22.73%
    d1kingz_
    JonathanPrem
    NoSkillz
    Philly
    Tacoboy

rb20det
3 13.64%
    bmart
    PatGlocks
    stevenAwadden

rb25det
4 18.18%
    BoOsT-HuNgRy
    drewce
    KingSam
    MP/B240

vg30dett
1 4.55%
    gandza

vh45de
4 18.18%
    *Punisher*
    BoOsT-HuNgRy
    MIKE-240sx
    sr20s13

just push it around the track....
6 27.27%
    240racer
    corymcarthur
    Koopa
    Mr. Phonso
    RUSSKII
    spd-dmn

I like where this build thread is going. lol

Do a V8 of some sort ( just no Ford V8… Ford is gayer than AIDS)… I’ll hook you up with mounts :wink:

i thought of running the v8 that comes in the 87+Iroc camaros but its hard to find something not to beat enough to run a turbo set up on for a reasonable price.

Get a cast iron 4.8/5.3 (99-04 i think)… They can take a true shit kicking + boost and laugh in your face all day… Then drive you home. The cast block is only about 80lbs heavier than the aluminum versions. But their cylinder walls are much much much thicker.

And the T56 is a bolt on affair.

I picked up my 4.8 with everything but a tranny, in running condition, for $100. It’s out of an 02 Silverado (bought it in 08 or 09). Mind you I’ll have to rebuild it now cuz I’m a dumbass and forgot to tarp it onw stormy night…

interesting … :slight_smile:
but the T56 is hella $$$ and mounting the bastard under the hood with out modifing the trans tunnel would be a task and a half , no ?

Yeah the expensive part is the tranny… And hard to find. And when they pop up they disappear like a fart in the wind.

There is enough room to mount it without bashing the trans tunnel. But you’ll end up sacrificing good mounting positions.
Pros and cons to both…

Adam, you have the best comparisons/analogies.

its my understanding that the 5.3 is pretty similar to a vette motor. just cast block instead. no?

5.3 is LSX i believe thats what cody from s1dc is currently building. with ls6 intake and throttle body its makes good power.

fart in the wind , funny shit right there …

LSx isn’t anything from GM. It just designates it’s in the LS family.

There is a company who makes a block called the LSx. And I believe it’s and iron block LS7.

The 5.3/4.8 are the same engine. Just different stroke. The 4.8 is the more reliable of the two as it puts far less stress on the crank, rods, bearings, cylinder walls, etc.

The 5.3/4.8 also started in the 3rd generation. Which is why they’re commonly referred to as 3rd Gen blocks. It’s when GM switched over to fuel injection and coil on plug.
And most of the 3rd gens are still cable throttle. Not that bullshit drive by wire.

There are people pushing 700hp on 4.8s on stock blocks…

Just a thought.

Since i left my shop yesterday night after this chat about v8’s it had me thinking seriously last night , now i have much love for nissan and nissan motors , but how fuckin awesome would a v8 turbo straight pipe sound screaming around a corner, FUCKIN AWESOME thats how ! now i understand the t56 trans is hard to come by and hella $$$ but the way im looking at it now is the motors are fairly cheap so it makes up for it rather then dumping the same amount of money or close to the same amount on a rb,vg or sr with power swap. i might as well go v8 .

still on the fence how ever, id like to do some more research myself before i deside anything.

Just do it…

(where’s my “do it faggot” meme) lol