boost issues

hey i have a 14b turbo on my d16z6, runnin 10psi on wastegate only. Now in 3rd gear i hit full boost at like 3600rpms, hold it till about 5k then it drops to 5psi at redline, really pissin me off… This turbo should be able to hold it till redline, and i have no idea what is making this happen. I am going to check all my intercooler piping somtime next week, when i have lab time available at school, but i would like your input on what is goin on here. Thanks

got pics of your setup? What kind of ic/piping are you using? what kind of bov? Whats your turbo manifold etc (prolly hf/adapter plate?) is this on an SAFC or chipped ecu?

set is as follow, HF mani, 1st gen mitsu BOV, made my own intercooler piping, crome chipped ecu, dsm 450s, bar and plate fmic… i havent had this problem before, it just started happening

what diameter is your exhaust, and is there a catylitic convertor on the car?

id check to see how much shaft play the turbo had, then id check for leaks… Are you getting a missfire or no?

2.5inch dp to stock gutted cat, to 2.25 cat back, this is to change this weeken to 3inch no cat. there is no missfire, and i checked shaft play last week and there is none

i had an issue like that with my old setup.

take the O2 housing off, and make sure the wastegate flapper is closing all the way. if its not closing all the way, bend the actuator arm a little to put more tension on it.
:tup:

if thats not the issue, check for cracks, or a bunk gasket between the turbo and manifold.

thank you sir, i will check that out monday hopefully

Yeah, and check when you have the o2 housing off, somtimes the casting around the wastegate hole in the exhaust housing cracks and erodes quite a bit, and its pretty common too.

its the wastegate getting blown open