not going into boost

I have a T3 turbo with a 44mm tial external wastegate. i was driving up a hill and boosting fine then when i let off my bov sounded half way and then i heard a ting or metal click noise and now it wont boost anymore…it still runs fine and feel like n/a. i took the wastegate off and took it apart to inspect, spring is good and everything looked fine. i checked for vacum and boost leaks, none. i have no idea what is wrong, turbo is fine and from what i can see the wastegate should be good too. any suggestions? thanks!

check ur bov. it may be stuck open .

i have an old school hks bov and i checked it last night and it does not seem to be stuck open… im running out of things to check :frowning:

i`m going to take the turbo off tonight and check the exhaust side to make sure nothing is fucked and that the shaft is still in one piece

so someone told me last night that there is supposed to be a valve seat ring between the wastegate and the manifold…i’m guessing that is the problem and that was the noise because i dont have that ring when i took the wastegate off. but where would have it gone? :? out the screamer pipe hopefully!

and now to look for a 38mm valve seat at 9:45 on a sunday morning before i have to leave for montreal again