Boost issues

hey i just did a sr swap, it was running mint, my alt went i replaced it with a almost new one…but now at about 4900 rpm my turbo just stopes boosting?

any ideas.

im sorry i made another new topic but i felt it was way off topic with my last.

thanks guys

will it hold full boost until 4900rpm, or does it slowly start dropping off and by 4900rpm their isnt any ?

it could be 1 of a few things perhaps…

#1 the wastegate is opening for some reason so its dumping all the boost

#2 your turbo is toast

hey i just did a sr swap, it was running mint, my alt went i replaced it with a almost new one…but now at about 4900 rpm my turbo just stopes boosting?

any ideas.

im sorry i made another new topic but i felt it was way off topic with my last.

thanks guys

will it hold full boost until 4900rpm, or does it slowly start dropping off and by 4900rpm their isnt any ?

it could be 1 of a few things perhaps…

#1 the wastegate is opening for some reason so its dumping all the boost

#2 your turbo is toast

well i dont think my turbo is toasted…it holds boost and then BAM nothing. but when i start my car and it reaches half way point and i giver it runs boost till i can blow my motor…i really think it mite be heat soakin im not sure tho :S

Okay… 1st you say “it holds boost and then BAM nothing” that would make me believe that your wastegate is opening and dumping all the pressure (hence why it instantly loses boost)

Then you say… “when I start my car and it reaches half way point and I giver, it runs boost till I can blow my motor”. I dont know what you mean by that…

I think he ment he can rev the motor til it blows, but you wouldn’t know you’re still producing enough boost because. You’ll have better luck figuring it all out when you get a boost guage so you see whats going on

ya maybe a boost gauge would help…
Maybe even a BOV?
Oh and its not heat soak.
Did you put in that boost controller without a BOV? i hope not.
And considering your piping job, it say its simply leaking.

Wastegate connections tight?

hahahhhahah, never would guess…my intake filter was mashed, so dirty. i put a cone on and wow, i thought i had power b4…but now. omg…and a boost gauge. kinda weird, it reads a lil more then 8psi, and its really accurate. 2 of them have read the same. kinda weird.

stock boost is around that
get apr studs a cosmetic metal head gasket,bigger turbo and fmic and run 14psi and you will have 300 rwhp

sounds easy. bet its gunna be hard tho :wink: