sr wont make boost

Just have a question. I have a redtop sr and when i got the swap done i could make boost reving when parked and now it will not make boost. I did have a exhaust leak at the manifold to turbo but that has all been fixed. there are no exhaust leaks but it still wont make boost. Its not really important i do make boost when the car is driving i just wanted to know what it might be. If anyone might have an idea please let me know.

Um… So you just have it for the whooshy sound when you’re in the parking lot? Of course it’s important that it makes boost when you drive.

Check for BOOST leaks, not exhaust leaks, check for vac leaks, holes in the vac line going to the BOV or waste gate, make sure the BOV isn’t stuck open, all your fittings are tight… How do you know whether it’s making boost or not? Do you have a boost gauge?

so the bov is not opening when u rev it ? … maybe its gone bad

blow off valve is new… i do have a boost gauge. i will check for leaks in the vac lines. basically when i rev it my gauge goes to zero will not go into boost. it only does when i’m driving. vac sits around 20 at idle.

Um, that’s normal.

The turbo doesn’t build boost when it’s not under load… Your car is fine.

agreed mine doesnt make much boost untill under load

It’ll make boost when not under load, just at higher rpm’s.

Shut up, you don’t even own a boosted car you fucking noob.

The amount of boost you’ll build with a stock T25 with no load is damn near negligable.

^^^very true

GM Power :wink: You seem to be forgetting.

check if the wastegate is stuck open.

agreed with above… my sr will not make boost when in neutral… nor has it ever.

mine does

mine will hit about 3 or 4 psi on a rev.

No you can definitly make 7-10lbs easy… just try bouncing it off the limiter with ur foot to the floor… boost gauge comes right up…

hell My garrett 60-1 On my 2L made like 6psi off the studder box…

But… yea. Is your Bov a Ebay special? Or a good brand name Like greddy or HKS?

bov is a turboxs

i would say check your wastegate actuator…

maybe it’s stuck open?

When my Clutch was finished, I thought my waste-gate was stuck open b/c I didn’t make boost, got a new clutch put in and I made boost. hahahaha, hope my lil gay story made sense. GL w your car