Boost problem

ok, so here it is

I have the old school hks evc1

so I usually run at about 8 pounds (factory) and for a while for fun i had a setting that was letting me run about 11psi and it held solid.

For fun once I turned up to about 13 when I was in 5th gear.

Since this point i have had a boost leak problem, if I ever want to run around there or even the 11 it will move back to about 8.5 - 9psi while accelerating, now if i turn it up and i am on the HWY in 4th or 5th gear it will almost always hold the high boost setting, but as soon as I give it in a lower gear it will usuall leak off, (sometime faster then others), I am confused, please help

I’ve read @ times people get higher boost or boost creep @ higher speeds/rpms

most are different cases thou… like stocking being 7psi and in 5th gear people are seeing 8-9psi

Ya, but I do not think that is the problem, I hve it turned up where it should be at 11 or 12 and it falls down in 1-3 but is good in 4th and 5th, so kind of the oppisit. it is just weird becasue of how random it can be

Ba still can not find the problem, i have re done my IC pluming and I am certen that there is no leak there,

is there a chance the turbo is dying???
and that is why it is only working on 4 and 5th gear
there is enough pressure to actually get the turbo to boost???

also can I just try to replace the wastgate??? hmmmm i am thinking I can not

Check for a leak between the turbo and the mani.

Try un-hooking the Waste gate or plugging the vaccum line going to the Wastegate (be careful thou). Then the flap shouldnt open until the pressure build up is to strong and it gets forced open.

Would be one way to see whether not it builds boost