boosted3g's turbo 3g eclipse pics

time to go with megasquirt

yea, thats not gonna work with inspections

and it would require a completely new ingition system also … because the stock coils will not work with aftermarket ignition controllers … the msd ignition system for example requires you to swap in new coil packs

i also dont feel like swapping out almost all the sensors for megasquirt spec items or calibrating the megasquirt to work w/ the stock sensors either

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

scroll down for the calculator…

You probably should have done some research before doing this project… Not the best thing to do with an NA block…

330 crank hp with a .65 BSFC @ 85% IDC is 660cc injectors. Those numbers a bit high so 550’s should be OK…

uuum, its the 4g63 block,just with a taller deck height and extra cylinder head oil drains

the entire stock longblock has taken 15 psi from a big 16gw/ stand alone tuning before a slip up on the map wasted the pistons

the stock cam runs out @ 17 psi

the crank takes just as much as the 4g63t crank
the rods are just as stong as the 4g63t rods, all they did this time is leave out the oil squirters for the pistons

so that takes care of the block …

and if people can run stock 275’s with rising rate reg’s on turbo setups and get away with putting down 250hp, i think we can use 440’s w/ the fuel pressure bumped up a few pounds for now … im not saying its optimal, but its workable

I would also stay away from WOT until you get your fuel issues sorted out…

Defenatly. If anyone see’s me driving it around, im like a slug. Im slower than i was NA cause im taking great care to keep it out of boost. I dont even let her see a pound. I’ think ive figured out the problem - theres TOO much fuel between the safc and ecu. what i mean by that is the safc settings are set so rich that the STFT anf LTFT’s are actually in the negative. How deep, i dunno yet i need a OBD2 datalogger. I’m working on that, but what’s happening is the ECU is leaning itself out to compensate.

On the dyno- egts hit 1500 max…it richens up on top tho 12.8 AFR is still not making me happy. 12.0 would be perfect

Also - research was done on this, for a long time.
First, really, the FMIC is too big yea i know, but it will suit the future upgrades. The block and internals are proven time and time again to handle 15+ on a stock block. A.A.I (company) w\ AEM EMS and tuned a 17PSI on a very good tune. The problem is, the cam cant go much further. In comes RPW out of australia to help w\ that. NAPALM on www.club3d.com is running great on just an emanage, tho it took countless hours of tuning.
Am i planning on that? No im only using an SAFC - Small steps -

This summer was the start. More work is yet to be done.
The FMIC will be fine once on 16g, larger injectors, 14-15PSI, RPW intake manifold, better plumbing (will defenatly be getting ahold of lee - saw what he did for juan’s teg and ron\91civichatchsi - very nice work :smiley: )

The current injectors are fine and also have been proven that again. www.neweclipse.org and www.club3g.com for refrences.
Others on 9 PSI are putting down 230-240 @ the wheels. And around the same torque. Once i get my tuning issues worked out, and a few exhust issues, I believe i’ll be around there too.

I dont expect this to be a rocket, Hell i know its not. but its fun, and its different. A boosted 3g. Dosent have the potental of the 4g63 or the aftermarket, but its at least respectable for a stock block to be able to handle the power it can.

my goal is 300 WHP \ TRQ - and again it is possible and has been done and the cars are still running w\o problems. Small steps guys :slight_smile:

Okay im done w\ my rant, i really wanted to jsut state that this has been researched and has been proven, but i kinda kept goin on.
:smiley:

:tup: :tup:

glad to see it running. now i need to boost my car. :wink:

ot: i cant get my sig to the right size idont know how…chilax mods and help thx

scrapper btw i got your PM - very cool mate :slight_smile: ill call ya on it - also, did you get my phone call from earlier today actually?

Nice to see it finally running about time. Hurry up and get it tuned so I can get a ride before I leave. :tup:

wher ya goin man?

I was gunna post this when i got it all 100% done but i figure now would be a good time. I wanna thank everyone who contributed to this, especally hotrodkid and fuzzyfish. Everything came together excellent, the welds nick made are perfecto and hold up fine, even tho there not cosmetically appealing :wink: haha they work great - and a big t-up for first time pie cuts. he helped install alot and guided w\ me through alot and explained some things i didnt understand. And fuzzy fish, he practically did ALL the electrical. all 5 gauges and the safc. Me + wires + Soder + safc2 + Ecu = broken car. Cant thank ya guys enough! Everyone who came down to pitch in too, thank ya guys alot - scrapper for the napa runs and some very good advice and refrence pointers. Nick\focus - thanks for snappin a few pics and hosting them up :smiley: I learned alot from all of you guys, which to me was the most important part of this. For what it is comming out to be, I spent $1800-2grand total. That includes all SS lines, turbo, new gaskets all around,spec clutch, aeromotive FPR, gauges - egt, boost, oil temp, oil pressure, A\F,(autometer\vdo) wideband, rotors, fluids, misc nuts\bolts, bov, poping, fmic, couplers, band clamps, AN fittings, ect everything the whole shabang. I think thats very decent for the cost\power ratio - in terms of trq, thats $15 per Foot pound of TRQ, and with a wider exhaust and better tune, it’ll be even more efficent.

Im sure theres people ive missed but i plan on doing a full write up once shes completely done and on the dyno again :wink: hopefully mike from inn-tune dosent hate me - there was an incidednt where i couldnt get my car down there on a scheduled day… :frowning:

so that being said :wink: whos got an OBD2 datalogger :wink:

this engine is DEFINANTLY not fit for turbocharging :bloated:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36060
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47157
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?p=883725&highlight=stock#post883725

On the black eclipse… thats a horrible place to put the wastegate tap

Congrats to you guys on doing something cool and different and not following all the sheep.

The oversize FMIC will not hurt you and I would not worry about it a bit.

As far as the ECU issues… increasing fuel pressure and doing all those patch fixes isnt the best idea when the stock ecu will cut pulse width to compensate for the rich condition. Remember if you change several factors at once it becomes very difficult to diagnose problems and isolate the original cause of the problem.

about the black eclipses wastegate mount… yea WG’s go on the collector, EGT’s on the runner … but his mani came w/ the flange already there

yea … i think going to far on the safc tripped the ecu into overreacting and going haywire… seriously cutting fuel flow

apparently stft and ltft can do that … so we get to start over

the injectors prolly have 1/4 of the pulse width they are supposed to have

after we get ahold of a datalogger were going to poke around in the ecu and se whats up, then start over w/ the adjustments, possibly using the wideband analog out to lie about the a/f ratio to keep things stable while we richen it up the settings

and id say that FMIC is having the same negative effect as the 16g exhaust housing on the 14b turbo is having … all the extra clearance on the turbo is making it spool like the wastegate is stuck open

but you can see how fast it still build manifold boost when you drop the gas on the dyno graphs