Bought a garage and a house for the wife.

Details:
1600 SqFt
3 bed 1.5 bath
2 car garage

The color is hideous and will be changing very quickly, but I am doing the kitchen and bathroom first as well as rewiring the whole place. It was 100% move in ready and in great shape, but I like nice things and wanted the retro 70’s feel gone.

I will probably post a DIY on the bathroom and possibly the wiring redo as I bet a lot of people have no idea where to start on rewiring a whole house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17136[/ATTACH]

Garages that come with a house are the best. :tup:

you’re gonna re-wire the whole house? That’s a hell of an undertaking, but :tup: .

:tup: nice

There are not enough outlets, lights or switches where I want them, and I am going to be pulling data anyhow. Basically all you have to do is install a new service and run a plethora of romex up to a junction box in the attic for second floor. From there you spider off and shoot down the walls. For the first floor you just run normal wiring through the basement and up the walls. It is actually not that hard with the correct tools.

I love south buffalo houses. I’ve lived all over WNY and if that neighborhood wasn’t going to shit I’d move back in a heart beat.

I like the brick, i do not like the green. looks cozy

I am just outside of where I wanted to be, closer to south park vs closer to abbot, but it is still in the McKinley triangle and the home values have been increasing in this one little part of town. It was very hard to get a good house in my price range in this neighborhood. I will have to get some interior pics, All hardwood with all natural wood trim throughout, it is in immaculate condition and never painted or anything stupid. With a little bit of upgrading and rehab I will make a pretty good penny on this place.

I agree 100% The green is gone come spring.

lol, when I was there I told Mike “who thought that was a good idea?” referring to the green color.

Post pics of the garage!

I have to empty the garage. I have two couches in there that wouldn’t fit down the stairs to the basement. I will empty it this weekend so both cars fit.

Me.

When I get a home I want to have that done…Most houses are wired ass fucking backwards around the area.

I think you can get away with a push mower there :wink: Now post pics of the BMW in the garage, this is still vaguely a car forum :lol:

Congratulations, looks snug.

:tup: mike, congrats

:tup: Nice.

looks good mike. Good luck on clearing the garage to fit 2 cars around rennovation work. I’ve owned my place for 7 or 8 months now and have only cleared enough space around projects to fit one vehicle…really hoping to fit both in their before winter is over.

Dope

:tup:

looks like a great place to start raising a family in.

if i were handy at all i’d offer to help, but im not so fuuu…

i say paint the brick green to match to match the siding… green brick bringin the hotness

Yeah, this is a 5 year house. I do not want my kids to start school or make friends around here so we will stay up to kindergarten then we want to build something.

The green is horrendous and needs to go. The problem is deciding what to use that fits the neighborhood. I would like cedar siding but it is way above what the neighborhood could withstand. The travertine in the bathroom that I am working on is above the neighborhood as well, but at least I will get some enjoyment out of it.

Awesome Mike!