Bought a Ruger SR-556

I don’t like the lower model S&W rifles either, but the these nicer ones I’ve handled and fired have been good. I’m waiting to find an RRA rifle f/s for a good price used.

didn’t you like just sell your 6.8? :lol

Yeaaa, but I just had issues lol.

:rofl

Thanks all. Tooks some of the advice and Bought the Ruger. Thanks all. Maybe headed to check out te Troy though. Ruger came bare so looking for accessories. A forward grip, some optics, fun stuff And perhaps a .40 rifle if anyone is selling one.

High point makes .40 rifle tactical look as well for under 300$

I’m assuming that was you who texted me. For a forward grip, check out the Magpul RVG which is a good, cheap piece. I have one that I’m not using yet, but I planned on putting it on a new upper I’d be building. Check out joeboboutfitters.com for stuff.

Optics there’s such a huge price range and personal preference involved. You’d really have to think about what your purpose for the rifle is when choosing an optic.

For a .40 rifle, check out the Hi-Point if you want something cheap. There’s other options out there, but the problem with most is that there’s no pre-ban magazine options out there unless it takes a pistol or UZI mag that was around before the 1994 AWB. The options are out there though.

Dicks is cleaned out locally of all .223 / 5.56

They said several weeks back order minimum

whats a better round 270 or 6.8?

.270, hands down. They both shoot the same caliber bullet, but the case of the .270 is bigger, hence why the velocity is much higher (3060fps .270 vs. 2500fps 6.8). Also, given that energy will be greater as velocity of the same mass increase, the .270 has 2702ftlbs at the muzzle, where the 6.8 has a mediocre 1759ftlbs. These figures are from a 130gr .270 round, and a 115gr 6.8 round out of a 24" barrel, so if they were the same exact weight there’d be an even bigger difference in velocity, but slightly less difference in energy.

6.8 is often referred to as the “.270-Lite”.

i might consider a 270 ar. i have so much reloading stuff for a 270.

thanks for the info too.

whats your take on barrel length? 16" vs 20" vs 24"

If like 22-250, 204 ruger is a good round in an ar…