Bowflex

Noticed there is a lot of meat heads on this forum. Im trying to gain weight, not lose it. A dude at work gave me a good deal on bowflex xtreme 2. Should I go with it? I have a set of freeweights and a bench. And sometimes I go to the aquatic center in Tonawanda but I’d rather wake up and workout at home.

Is the bowflex any good or is it a gimmick?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

once you get used to using the “power rods” or w/e the fuck they call them, then it is a pretty good work out…when you first start using it your arms are gonna be shaking like your michael j. fox because your muscles arent used to that kind of resistance…ive used them a few times and they arent too bad…def have a lot more different options by going to a gym, but if the price is right, i say do it

Gimmick, you are better off using dumbells and a barbell. Eat big and lift big and you will gain weight. -The meathead has spoken

I have a Bowflex Xtreme at home and I love it. I’ve heard people complain about using it but I have never had an issue with it. I get a solid workout everytime.

Bowflex is shit, but what do I know about fitness equipment.

You are out of your fucking element!!! ZERODAZE!

I have the bowflex hand weights in my apartment so I can do some stuff while watching tv, but it doesn’t replace a gym.
My friend got a Bowflex and I could do every lift I tried with all the rods for sets of 10+.
So not great for lifting big, but maybe good for tone and high rep stuff.

Seriously, just spend the money and get a membership at the bac or something. Working out at home works for a month at most, then the equipment just starts laughing at you because you never use it anymore.

See I think that just depends on the person. I’ve had gym memberships for years and out of those years I’ve barely used them at all. Once I got the gym at home, I work out all the time. It’s much easier for me to work out at home.

Different blumpkins for different pumpkins, I guess.

As for me, I like having a monthly fee; it forces me to go to the gym sometimes when I don’t feel like it.

if u have free weights and a bench already i wouldnt bother with bowflex, do as much as u can at home now with the free weights and bench, and go to aquatic for random things u know u cant do at full potential at home

lol

my thought is that regardless of what they say, this system is not for building, it’s for toning.

Bowflex has a piece of thin plastic holding your back up.

/nuff said

Bowflex is fucking shit.

You have a bench and free weights? Why are you even asking about anything else? Fucking pussy, quit looking for excuses and just start lifting the heavy weight. Use the money you saved by not buying that piece of shit bowflex and buy some heavier rubber plates, and some heavier DBs. Ready for your routine? Here it is, do it three times a week:

Squat
Bench
Deadlift

Complaining you can’t squat with your equipment? FRONT SQUAT THEN YOU PUSSY

And EAT.

Do this come back in a 5 months and tell us how much bigger you are.

-Meathead #2

Eh…I find that doing alot of hard physical labor and only eating ramon noodles, bologna sammiches, and PB&J works wonders lol.

truth

there is/was a class action suit against them because the thin piece of plastic would break, and people were getting hurt. dumping money in to marketing > producing a quality product.

Don’t listen to this guy