Boxersix: Hottest McLaren F1 ever?

I saw a bare carbon F1 for sale on Ebay years ago… did they do that a lot for the race versions or whatever?

I have a rare book in front of me that says so :wink:

Only race street version was the LM and they’re all papaya orange, unless you’re talking about an actual GTR but even those I don’t remember a bare carbon car(maybe the Ueno Clinic car). Customer could have sent it back to Mclaren LTD for a rework though. Some owners sent their cars back to get the high downforce kit added after '96, which was basically a GTR nose clip with rear fixed wing and diffuser.

It was definitely a full race car… it had stickers all over it and included an enclosed trailor… and the bidding was around $1 million…thats about all I remember

Most of the GTR’s have exchanged hands/teams over the years and their livery came and went with that so I don’t doubt a car or two was put to clearcoat. Can’t blame them, looks damn good on the car.

There is a thread on a UK supercar forum where one owner does a pretty good job of keeping track of the remaining chassis and who owns them. I’ll have to see if I can locate and link to it later.

Awesome… it might have just been black… probably 5 or 6 years ago it was on Ebay. I’ve always been amazed at the F1’s. Even by today’s standards, they are really something.

Chassis #11 nose during assembly(taken from my book here, Driving Ambition)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/mcf1.jpg

This guy covers it all in the first 7 seconds

prolly about a year ago i was heading down state and i saw a white mcf1 around poughkeepsie headn north. i shat bricks.

Call me old-fashioned but;

If you buy a MCF1 you get it in papaya orange

When you buy your first Ferrari you get it in red

i would have shat many, many bricks.

the “nicest” car i’ve ever seen on the road are ford GT’s, a murciealgo lp-650 and a gallardo lp-560 (i think those are the right numbers for the lambos).

i’ve seen just about everything as far as supercars go at car shows, but that doesn’t really count in my book :lol

i want to see an F40 or F50 on the road someday :bowdown

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTLEY. It’s the only way to do it!