Boyd Coddington, Hot Rod King, Dead At Age 63

World-renowned tuner and hot rod king Boyd Coddington died at 6:20 am this morning. The cause of death is still unknown. Coddington, founder of Boyds Wheels and designer of prize-winning custom cars, had recently been hospitalized twice for an undisclosed medical condition. Although he was though to be in recovery, rumors of his untimely death began circulating today throughout the forums. A spokesperson for Boyd Coddington’s corporation has confirmed to Jalopnik that those rumors are true. The company will be releasing a statement later today.

:expressionless:

RIP boyd

:frowning: that sucks he made some nice things…to bad 63 is not really that old

RIP BOYD loved his TV show real car guy… respect

Wow, 63 isn’t even that old. I wonder what the cause of death was?

He was a prick but damn did he make some nice cars.

RIP

As one of the comments mentioned:

“We should all lay a patch as we leave work today.”

RIP

I just met the guy a few months ago after him and his wife did a run at Bonneville… Amsoil was the sponsor… he was in Toronto not too long after doing promo work, was also going to be at the autoshow for Amsoil… Was also on the cover of the last Amsoil news letter… that was going to be a huge partnership… cannot believe he is gone… wow

Wow that is pretty young, that sucks. Very talented guy. He was invovled in a big legal battle with American Racing after they bought Weld Wheels.

Greg Weld and he were getting sued by the giant since they opened up another company. I was embarrasing for the industry, since nobody wanted to choose sides and thought it was childish.

Hope that didn’t plague him too much in his last years.

oh my god… he is the reason why i became so passionate about the custom fab world and with cars.
R.I.P. Boyd Coddington

i check wikipedia and said the he passed away from liver frailer

wow thats shocking, this guy definatly new his shit about custom rides, who would have thought,

RIP

There was a damn good reason why all of his good staff left and went to FOOSE.

RIP,

REST IN PEACE… nuff respect for everything he has done for the hot rod industry, with creating works of art!!

R.I.P.
Iirc,somewhere was pointing the fact that both Jesse James and Chip Foose worked for him and if the info is 100% correct, this guy indeed must be appreciated and respected for all.

R.I.P boyd
sad to hear he was an amazing car builder

RIP. Boyd
you just know hes up there having a cold one with the his metal guy who died a while back…

he definatly was a legend and will be remembered.
im will smoke the tires for him later.