Brabus smart car? whaaaaaa

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs202.snc3/20943_1270736452686_1358100315_30862237_3297839_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs222.snc3/20943_1270736492687_1358100315_30862238_1152993_n.jpg

Savanna RX7 saw this today and was like WTF?! why the hell would Brabus waste money tuning smart cars

It puts out a whopping 89hp from it’s turbo 3-cylinder…How very legendary of you, Brabus. I always thought…how could they ever top the Brabus S roadster which put out almost 900hp and almost 1,000ft/lbs of torque from an SL65 platform…but I guess they finally have. Way to go.

Somebody’s got to do it.

wow, saw that go through the auction just a few weeks ago, lol!

seen them online…they are like 17k new or something…funny cuz for the same money you can spend to get that extra 39hp you can get the kit on turbokits.com that makes ~110whp (IIRC) …which is an extra 60hp

http://www.turbokits.com/smart_turbo_kits.html

Its essentially a cosmetic package and why not, Brabus does Mercedes and Smart is a Mercedes… Other than the Mitsu engine of course.

why wouldn’t brabus make shit for a smart car? they are everywhere over in europe. it sounds like a smart fucking idea to me.

There have been Brabus Smarts in Europe forever lol

haha my dad is a wholesaler and bought this when the original owner traded it in. He called me and told me he bought a barbus smart car and i told him he lost his mind, they would never make such a thing. Sure enough he sent me a picture and i was in shock.

the M in smart stands for Mercedes. Brabus is a mercedes tuning company. Brabus has been making parts for smarts for a long time. super popular in europe.

this whole thread :banghead

so what does the s art stand for then?

Damn thing still can’t get out of its own way.Even after Brabus got ahold of it, it still can’t do 0-60 in under 9 seconds. Granted, the Smarts weren’t really made to go fast…More of an economy car and designed for practicality rather than sport.

Swatch Art.

The Smart car was originally a design study by Swatch featuring the removable and customizable exterior panels so that the owner could personalize their vehicle however they liked it. It was originally called the swatchmobile.

Swatch approached VW to produce it and they declined.

Mercedes changed the name to smart, short for Swatch Mercedes Art, and the rest is history.

if you want one to go fast swap in a busa motor, game over.

good to know, i love having absolutly useless car knowledge.

Wow good to know!

That’s actually pretty cool trivia. :thumb

Smartuki > *.Smart Car

/thread :lol

true. the brabus package was more of an exterior/interior thing. not really about adding insane hp under the hood. its an econobox, but with the brabus bits it just looks nicer.

ok i own a smart car and talk shit all you guys want. 50+ mpg. Still cruises at like 70 - 75 on the northway. Is surprisingly good in the snow. And it was free. My fiance won it through her work (Lens Crafters). So i would def. buy another one. Preferably with a radio though. It was the base model and no radio. Speakers and everything, no head unit…and the Brabus Smart goes for 20k as a coupe and 21k as a vert.