Brake Calipers

This post might be a little lengthy but I hope that someone reading it can shed some light on my situation.

I had to replace the brake pads on my 93 s13 convertible when I got it. The car doesn’t have ABS so I naturally ordered the non ABS pads. The rears fit fine but the fronts were too small. Naturally I just assumed that the car had ABS sized parts but no ABS system.

Recently I had a rear caliper seize on me. I went to buy one and decided to buy a second for the opposite sidem just for balance in braking. Afterall they weren’t that expensive. After waiting a few mins for the parts, I decided to inquire about the price of front calipers. They were cheaper than the rears. As a matter of fact, almost half the price each! So I bought all four. Of course buying the ABS size because of my past findings.

I installed the rears with no troubles. The fronts were a different story. I put the first one on and realized that it was about twice the height of the pad. Almost an inch taller than the rotor or pad. Clearly too large! So then I go back and exchange them for the non ABS ones. Go to put them on and they are the correct height but the length is too short. Now I have no idea what calipers this thing takes!

If the front ones go I think I’m just going to have to save up and upgrade the brakes to something else. What I am looking for is to see if maybe someone else has had this problem and figured it out. I have seen lots of brake troubles here but nothing that really related to this.

Any help would be great!

Thanks guy!