ABS DELETE

Hi, im going to be installing front calipers on my S13 saturday. My car has ABS and i have removed the fuse for the ABS a while back, my question is:
Is it safe for me to just plug my ABS line that goes into my front caliper?
If so does anyone remember what size the plug is and where they bought it from?

I have already picked up a couple 1/8th NPT plugs hoping this is the right size if anyone knows for a fact what size they are that would help a ton so im not running around all day saturday finding the right ones.

is there an abs line on the caliper??? i dont recall one when i took off my front calipers on my 240 which has abs…

If i remember correct from when i was doing my coilovers the abs unit in the s13 has a seperate line

Im going to go take my wheel off and have a look and take a couple pictures, hope i can find out what fitting i need by comparing a wrench…

Why even bother taking it out? I had my pump out maybe 4 months ago. It’s no more then 4lbs.

Leave it in. Set up your brakes properly. It’ll never come on unless you seriously need it then.

Happy happy joy joy

I do not want to take the abs unit out, i want to plug the abs line that goes to the caliper because the wilwood caliper is non abs that way if i part the car out at a later date i can put the oem brakes back on without having to reinstall abs lines

calipers are not abs specific. i just checked on my car the line for the abs is not on the caliper.

Your ABS will work regardless of calipers.

The ABS doesn’t work properly with non-OEM brake setups anyways… so most people will try to get rid of them. It’s designed for what it is… also the s chassis ABS is quite ancient and very basic…

It is more than 4lbs if i recall that can be removed with the removal of ABS, but who cares. If anything it gives more room under the engine bay LOL… That’s the one thing I like about my car’s engine bay. More room, but less weight is always welcome.

I personally like cars without ABS as it forces you to learn how to brake properly. Having a little box do the thinking for you by just mashing down and expecting the car to stop is what ABS does… This is just personal preference/opinion, but it’s been proven that a well experienced human driver should outbreak ABS… now maybe more modern ABS systems are superior but this would be true for our ancient equipped ABS cars.

Personally I like my braking without any interference… At the end of the day we are humans and do make mistakes… so ABS can help a lot on certain surfaces and situations. Preventing flat spots is a good benefit.

In an ideal world we want maximum brakes being applied with no lockup happening. That’s the whole idea of ABS. A well experienced driver should be able to pull that off as best as humanly possible, but ABS is suppose to do that repeatedly with success in theory.

My car never came equipped with it but here is the supposed weight:

ABS unit mounting bracket - 3.2lbs

ABS unit - 15.8lbs

Courtesy of wiki collection of weight reduction on our car:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Weight_Reduction

wikipedia is on crack. HARD CORE crack. That shit is NOT heavy.

btw, thanks for the lesson on ABS LOL!!!

I dunno, but like I said, I didn’t have it on my car… but most people say it’s relatively heavy. Now 15-20lbs may not be ‘alot’ for some people, but it is for those that try to reduce as much weight as possible. Pros and cons taken into account with my lesson on ABS :stuck_out_tongue: Sometimes we can lift stuff that’s 40lbs and think its light but its still 40lbs :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t that whole ABS solenoid aluminum? 40 lbs. holy baboon asscheeks…

Okay so i feel kinda stupid and so should my father, but me even more so for not looking more before asking questions. When i did my coilovers my dad tried to explain to me that there were 2 lines for this ancient version of abs and i never even looked closely at it i just bolted it all back together (wheels and suspension) and called it a day. I just looked at it again and am now realizing that this second “ABS Line” i was asking about…Its actually just the ABS sensor and a wire so i don’t have to block off any lines. It is a relief for once to find out i was wrong HAH! Thanks everyone who replied so quickly and thanks for the ABS lesson even though i already know how they work and what there purpose is, i also prefer to have no ABS that is why the day i bought my car i pulled the fuse for it!

yep, a sensor… the 3rd one is in the differential…

the hubs are specific…