Dumb question about ABS & SR swap

I’m in the middle of pulling my KA wiring harness and it looks pretty hard to get at the grommet on the fire wall due to the ABS. Does this (ABS) need to come off or can you do something else to get the wiring through. I’ve just been messing around with the ABS and it doesn’t look like it’s the easiest thing to take off. Any way thanks in advance

oh yeah it’s on a 90 240, sorry :oops:

Most people remove their ABS completely for the swap.

If you’re keeping the ABS there, take you dash out. It’ll make it alot easier to access the bundle of wires. Trust me.

Thanks for the info. I actualy just got in from getting it sorted out. I ended up pulling the ABS off and was able to get the wires out. I didn’t want to open the lines too badly but it was pretty much the only way to go. It was one of those moments when your in the middle of it and you see it becoming harder than you think and you start freakin out :roll: So if I were to take the ABS right off what would I do with the metal lines? Just plug them some how?

No, you make new ones.

Yes just cap off the lines :roll:

Yes just cap off the lines :roll:[/quote]
Actually you will need to bend up new lines if you want to take out the ABS actuators.

^^^^

Acutaly you need a non abs master cylinder and make a new line and just connect the other front one.

Or you can cap them off :butthead:

Rob where do you thing all the brake lines connect to when the come from the caliper and from the master cylinder…Ill show you later.

You can connect them with couplers, somebody on Freshalloy did that. He may have been from Ontario. I kept the ABS functional.

hmmm…I think I’ll put it back in, I need to get the car going before winter. Thanks