How-to: Removing the ABS actuator

Here’s an article showing you how to remove your ABS actuator without
using non-ABS lines and non-ABS master cylinder.

** Actual link TBA **

g spec always with the best how to’s

do you have any tips for bending the brake lines to avoid kinking

Go slow and use pliers if you need to make sharp bends. Just dont’ clamp
the lines too tight with the pliers. Obviosuly you aren’t going to pull off a
mandrel bend so just take your time and bend accordingly :dunno:

Great Job Gautam, very nice write-up as well. Are you eventually going to run proper lines and master?

If I get around to it. If not, then I’m going to take time into properly
bolting that Tee to the firewall so it looks a little cleaner.

I’m not worried too much about engine bay aesthetics.

My Abs sure doesnt work. That link sure doesnt work for me on any of my computers using internet explorer or mozilla. I dont understand the reason for pulling this unit out? Lightens the car…improves the braking?(asuming the driver is smart enuff to understand locking the tires doesnt slow u down very well) If some one can help me out with the link that would be aweome and fill me in on why we take this unit out rather than pull the ABS fuse or drive with our non-functioning abs with a fuse that still doesnt work. I drive a 89…I dont kno if that matter or not but w/e. Thanks
-Devin

web dont work i need to remove my ABS actuator

go to a nissan dealer and order a brake line T block (pm gonad for a part number). then go to partsource and get a 1/8" BSPT male to male fitting. your master cylinder has 2 lines comming from it, one for front brakes one for rear (they are marked “F” and “R”). the front line runs from the master to the T block, connect the front brakes lines comming through the sides of the car to the T block. for the rear line use the male to male fitting to connect the line from the master to the line that runs up from the rear of the car.

link is dead

+1 to a dead link. i almost wish it worked so i can get the abs out of my 89 hatch

I still have the tutorial; just haven’t gotten around to putting my articles up online yet :o

Should be up sometimes this winter. Busy busy busy

Man - please, we need this tutorial:rolleyes:

it lightens the vehicle and makes ur brakeing better you can do better hard braking rather then the abs kicking in and making it a bitch to stop quick