ABS Removal

I’m going to remove the abs from my 89 240. Now am I going to need a new master cylinder from a non-abs model, or can I simply bend new lines. On the abs the master cylinder has 2 outlets, 1 for the front and 1 for the back, then it goes to the abs system. That then splits it to front left and right, and 1 rear. If i were to just bend the lines and then split them, would it mess up the brake bias?? Also since I would like to get a bigger brake system, would it make sense to have bigger lines for more fluid, or would that do anything?? Thanks.

What is wrong with your ABS?

Hah! Sucka! Mine came without ABS. Although I can’t figure out why you don’t want yours.

B-Wurm :smiley:

ABS sucks in 240’s it is soooo slow and not that i an use to it i do not have any more cube shaped tires :lol:

ABS sucks eh Rob…Why are you always dragging the tires when you have to make a panic stop??? :lol: :lol:

Cuz i was use to my ABS. Now i almost never lock them unless i am doing stupid shit.

because I think there pretty crappy in the older 240’s and it cleans up alot of engine compartment room. But does anyone know " since I would like to get a bigger brake system, would it make sense to have bigger lines for more fluid, or would that do anything?? Thanks."

no your master will still flow the same and so will your calipers. It is not worth it to change the size.

okay, thanks alot

just removed the hydraulic actuator ( that big thing that cotrols the abs ). Had to weigh at least 30 pounds. That plus all the a/c components have saved me over 50 pounds under the hood. It was well said by someone in a different forum - “If your car is only gonna be drivin in the summer, and its nice enough not to be driving in the winter, then you wont be driving on snow, ice, gravel or through mud, so therefor you really dont need the abs”. I thought it was a good point. I wish I could drive it right now and see if felt any different.