Brake fluid question

I was wondering approx. how much brake fluid I need to flush and fill my S13?
I have no idea if I need 1litre or 6litres?..

And any recomendations? I was thinking of getting some of that blue stuff…I forget the name right now!

If your sucking the lines until nothing but brand new fluid comes out, plus alittle bit of bleeding after that, your looking at at least 3-4 liters.

OK thanks!

litres? are you sure or did you mean 3-4 of those small brake fluid bottles

3 brake fluid bottles. It definitely does not take 3 litres of fluid.

It does if your flushing all four wheels until nothing but pure clean brake fluid comes out.

Those are in “ML” and the amount in there is pretty much just about a liter if I remember correctly it’s like 945ML or something, I dunno.

Man, i find that very hard to believe. Almost 2 milk cartons full of fluid in the brakes? I just flushed mine out and it was a few hundred ml.

I used 1.5L when I did my brake conversion.

did you use 1.5L to bleed the fronts or all 4 corners?

pick up 4 bottles,thats all you will need

even 3 will get you by

That’s what I’ve been told too when i grabbed the Motul stuf.

I removed my Abs actaltor and drained the master cylinder when i painted my engine bay. All the fluid leaked out and i had to bleed and flush the whole sysytem and it only took me a 1 litre…so i dont know why you would need 4 liters of break fluid

Beer???

Boy, this is confusing!
1-4 litres, that doesn’t really narrow the field down to much!!

Ahh well, thanks for your opinions guys.

I am thinking of getting either motul 600 or ATE super blue. Anyone else have any opinions on these or others? Where is a good place to pick them up? What kind of price do you think I should expect?

I paid 17.00/500ml of motul 600. Doing a whole flush it took me 1 bottle but i flushed with 2 litres of new Valvoline cheap brake fluid.

Flush- cheapest around, and what ever stays in the system use the good stuff

Just buy 10Ltrs and return what you dont use. :idea

HAHA!!
I would but I live 500km’s away from any performance parts shops. So I would like to keep my estimates somewhat accurate!

I have read elsewhere that it shouldn’t take my more than 2litres to fill the system. So I think I will pickup 2litres of good stuff and a litre of crappy stuff to run through first, just to clean all the old stuff out!

^^Good plan stan!