Brake HELP !!!

Hey everyone,
I was on the 401 today when i began to smell a foul odour coming from an unknown place…i got off the nearest exit and to my surprise my rear driverside brake assembly was smoke and was giving off a bad smell…i was told approximitely 2 weeks ago that i had a very very small leak coming from the rear driver side caliper…when i stopped there was alot of heat and smoke coming from the wheel…the disc was also very hot…my question is what the hell is the problem and is it still ok to drive…my braking feels fine the car has no vibration when coming to a stop…what could it be and how can i fix it…someone please get back to me as soon as possible

Caliper is probably Seized? or perhaps the seal is leaking a bit onto the hot rotor. Notice any brake fade?

brake fade as in appearance of the rotor…or fade of performance??..but what your saying sounds right…it’s probably leaking onto the rotor…not too dangerous though right? other than im leaking fluid

caliper could be seized like Jowo said, or what happened to me one time i pulled on the ebrake pretty hard (not while driving) and the cable jumped out of its saddle somehow and the ebrake remained on after I put the handle down. It was smoking insanely and got extremly hot within just a mintue of driving. Something easy to check before you go replacing the caliper.

yeah id say seized caliper as well… i cant really see leaking fluid onto the rotor would cause it to heat up… unless its on fire… was that rotor substatially hotter than the rest… like if you put your hand near it you could feel heat radiating from it and not the others?

minimum, that rotor felt wayy hotter than the rest…i felt the heat on my face just taking a close look at it…the other rotors seemed fine…and i think that the smoke was from the brake fluid leaking onto the hot rotor…a couple of people told me to just go to canadian tire and bring them the old caliper and they’ll get you a new one?? is that was you guys recommend??