Noisy rear brakes

Hey guys, well just yesterday after fixing my hatch, another stupid problem occured. when i was turning into my street, i tapped my brakes just sliighty, then suddenly a loud grinding like sound was coming from both of my rear brakes. the noise eventually goes away, but its a prob i must fix. today, it came even more often and stayed on even longer. my guess is that my brake caliper is not releasing the brake pad after i release the brake pedal. it can’t be the brake pad cause theres no noise when i step on it, BUT! i do hear a light squeeking noise when i use the brake some times. but not that loud.
my second guess is the brake roter, when i took my wheels off, the rear brakes look really bad…anyone have any clue whats wrong? this stuff is just way outa my book.

Ur rotors are gone You need new ones

and you need new pads too wouldnt put old pads on a new rotor

i was thinking of putting on some better pads…like Green Stuff or somethign? and i also want to get slotted roters too…

calvin just start by replacing the rotors and pads and go from there… i’m pretty sure that will fix the problem. here’s a link if you want rotors and pads http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24671

Make sure the calipers are not seized or you will ruin the pads and rotors in no time. It’s not always the brake pedal, my rear caliper seized last summer because of my handbrake, the spring on the caliper was all rusted and jammed.

got cross drilled rotors for 155 a pair by Magnum and some austrailian branded pads…pdg…or something for 58 bucks…all tax included (PMALL)…everything went fine excelt when the brake knuckle thing was kinda seized, so i had to force it to springy again. big thanks to Willx for helping me out and teaching me all the stuff i need for the brakes.! :stuck_out_tongue: