Brake pad / rotor selection help

Trace’s moms pile of fucking garbage Chevy eats a set of rotors every 2 years. Truck isn’t driven every day but at least once a week. Occasionally tows a camper that has elec brakes.

Last time i put factory GM garbage on it, and same thing. Needs fronts again. This thing will literally chatter your fucking teeth out when you hit the pedal.

What do you guys run on your Silverado 1500s? Are these crap OEM rotors / pads as good as it gets?

on a few of the 1500’s we lifted we used a set of either powerslot or ebc rotors and hawk pads, had no complaints.

any preference either way? i only want to do this one more time.

not really, they both seem to wear the same.

Not totally sure on the brand, but whatever brand of full ceramics advance sells (basically their expensive ones) are what we run on our tahoe. So far no problems at all, and we use it to tow a 24 foot sea ray with surge brakes.

Just out of curiosity, how many miles are on the truck? Enough to possibly have the rear end seals leaking yet? Just wondering how the brakes in the rear are working… usually if you’re cooking fronts faster than expected, check out the rears and make sure that it isn’t because your fronts are the only ones working… if the rear seals are trickling out oil to the hubs, those brakes are probably cooked/hardened/useless.

You may have already checked for this, just a suggestion…

Buy some Autozone silver rotors/pads :rofl

I did the rears when the fronts were done last time.

Theres 100k on it, and its a GM so its way past its life expectancy, let alone the point when it start leaking from everywhere. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have napa heavy duty ones in the front seem to hold up well I was going through standard shit every year to year and half. The HD rotors were much more beefier and hawk truck pads

Which HAWK pads? LTS I assume?

All this Chevy talk when there’s a Ford in your driveway that kills calipers like nobodys buisness :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I just lol’d. Eats calipers but the pads and rotors are mint!!! rofl

:lol