brake pad question

im looking for a good brake pad set up that doesnt produce alot of brake dust, real low amount but yet is still a good pad (not some abvance auto jump off) i was thinking Hawk HPS or Hawk Ceramic pads, but i dont have to much knowledge in this section so help me out or just lmk which 1 of the 2 i listed are better

Thanks

just a set of high line ceramics from the autoparts store will do the trick, don’t pay extra for the Name (unless thats what you want). should solve your dust issues, and they last a long time.

i have ceramic pads on the truck. with the new rotors and pads she stops awesome compared to stock but the dust is insane… but it is a 8000lb truck

I use Reybestos ceramics, they make 0 dust. but a 8000 lb truck could chew the beefiest pads up i guess :lol

the cars not a daily, it will see hard, fast driving, i want something better then your normal walk in customer to Advance

Cossey, Dom, Brett, Paul. I imagine you guys have some knowledge about this?

Well I think you answered your own question then. get the best performance ones you can find. what do you consider hard fast driving? are you going to lime rock or other road courses with it? plan on auto X? or just aggressive street driving? i mean i had no problems with auto part store reybestos ceramics on my many 500+ hp dsm’s on and off track. And im sure my DSM’s were almost 1000 pounds heavier than your Honda platform. I have used Hawk pads, and i see no noticeable difference between them and a set of good store brand ceramics besides the “Prettiness” factor.

just do a google search, it will answer all your questions.

no road courses, just 4xx wheel, brake boosting and slowing down from 160+ pulls

well the ceramics would destroy rotors on my car slowing down from 180 before the pads. so i think you are safe.

i guess i just want to know if the two i picked are good and if so then which one will produce less brake dust

fast driving? You actually gonna drive it? :lol

If you want low dust, get a set of Hawk Performance Ceramics. They should be fine for OCCASIONAL stops from 160+ depending on how you brake. They will fade if you do not give them enough time to cool down, and by fade I mean your pedal will go to the floor and your speedometer will not go down.

I used them on my very first track day on my Subaru (much heavier than your Integra) and by the end of a 20min session I’d be getting a ton of fade, and towards the end of the last session of the day, I missed turn 1 at LRP and went straight into the runoff area.

bahahaha some day, next year cuz the house just sold so i dont have the money or time to do anything with it cuz im moving. Which by the way i will be living in Albany now Frank

Thank you Cossey, that was a big help bud

Edit: pads ordered, lock it up

send me a pm next time i can give you all the info you need. What pad did you go with.

will do, i went with the Hawk ceramics, i hope they will do good :dunno

if you want consistant stopping ability from high speeds, but low dust you arent going to find much that really meets your requirements.

dust is often times a by-product of great braking characteristics, another being noise.

also you will want a better fluid, even something like an ATE super blue is going to be better than some off the shelf stuff. the higher boiling temperature will also help maintain pedal feel

you will get more dust on the rims from is sitting on the garage, it will be ok buddy:hug

Thats pretty good :lol

Thanks for the info Brett, the car has stainless lines (not sure how much that makes a diff) but not sure what brake fluid. I’ll look into that and possibly switch depending on what’s already in there, Thanks again for the help

I lol’d pretty hard

Anyone got a recommendation for a brake pad that is resistant to fade, stops really well, but doesn’t chew up rotors? Dust isn’t really that huge of a concern.

I overheated my brakes a few times having fun in harriman state park/bear mountain last weekend, and the brake fade was getting really bad.

Rotors are a bitch to do on this car (rotor over hub/captive rotors), pads take no time at all.

I know next time it needs rotors I’m getting the rotor over hub conversion for it with oversized rotors, but I’d like a bump in braking performance without that amount of work.

Performance Friction Z-Rated. I’ve heard a lot of good things about them and I’m putting them on my M3 tomorrow for a street pad.

Just remember that the more resistant a pad is to fade, the higher temperature they require for proper use, for the most part.