Which brake pad is the best?

which one offer best performance

i hear lots of good things about the hawk pads :gotme:

edit:

sorry, didn’t see this was a poll…

Performance where?
Street?
Track?

Certain pads rock on the street but suck at the track…

I voted Ceramic for DD durability, noise, and dust factors.

id say ceramic for all around. u will be using them for the occasional highway pull,lil bit of 1/4 and basically a DD. And hes not looking for what brand to buy hes looking for what kind to buy

It depends on what your car came with stock and your driving habits. When I talked to the Raybestos rep last time he was in the store he said your best bet is always to stay with what the manufacturer put on it. If it came with semi-metallic stay with it if it came with ceramic stick to that. I tried the mid grade ceramics we carry on my car and I hated them. I felt like I did before the I changed the brakes. I put the Hawk pads on the front first to try them out and loved them. Then I put them on the rear too. I totally recommend the Hawk pads for braking performance.

I’ve had the morse ceramics from autozone for the past year *courtesy of miniSRT4 :touchy:

a Lot less dust, and they stop pretty good to boot. i’m gonna go ceramic next time around too :slight_smile:

i have the raybesta ceramic from carquest…with lifetime warrenty even on wear not just defective items. they work amazing compared to my stock pad…i think you shuld upgrade rotors too personally they help out alot too!

the brake pads that were recommended to me (by a few people) were the Hawk brake pads …

ceramic

Sometimes I wonder why people just don’t ask me these questions.

I mean, after all, I work AT A BRAKE COMPANY…

Oh, and to all the people that said ceramic, I will stop and help separate your car from the tree you just wacked…

what do you suggest then?

semi-matalic or carbon metallic?

well shit man, post up! you prolly know more than we do!

<— NOT being sarcastic, tell me what to do and i’ll prolly go with that. DD duty, no autoX - just wanna stop better. brake dust sucks but internal injuries are slightly worse.

Hawk has street and track compounds

Thats all well and good but you have two posts in this thread and you still haven’t told us shit.:wink:

So what does SSBC recommend?

Juan, you need to be more specific next time. I hate threads that start out, “What is the best <insert part here>.”

SSBC is starting to use Hawk now I believe…they were using EBC but I remember Tom saying they were starting to switch to Hawk

What composition are the Hawk pads they use?
Does that mean that SSBC is not using proprietary parts? I know that has been a sticking point with a lot of people who wanted to use their brake kits but were concerned that you couldn’t get pads anywhere except SSBC.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/ i think they list their compounds and materials on the site…as far as teh SSBC stuff you will have to ask Tom for definate info …I could be wrong and it wont be the 1st or last time I am