What kind of pads do you guys use

For my DD
Set of pads are:
$24-Organic
$38-Semi-Metallic
$44-Ceramic

It being my DD im tempted to go with Organic since its cheapest but whats another $20

$4-Maxi

(i use semi-metallic)

Hawk HPS for the street.

Switch to HP+ for track days.

Went ceramic on the Expedition because I hate constantly cleaning the rims. Semi-metallics stopping all that weight dust like crazy.

i have light days once i got on the pill :gotme:

no i get the Ceramic b/c i do about 150-200 miles a day

OEM

i don’t track the car much (only once at dunville actually), no need for anything more…

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/2/2f/180px-Sanitary_towel.jpg

:repost:

Explains why most of your posts make it seem like you’re on the rag.

i just ordered my Hawk HPS…Brembo Blanks and SS Lines

I was giving another option

:biglaugh:HAHAHA
Yea im thinking Ceramic, I too hate cleaning my rims.
Which give best stoping?

Follow Hawk’s bed in procedure carefully or you’ll have squeal. I saw lots of people talking about it on ls1gto.com but the people that did a proper bed in (myself included) haven’t had any noise issues.

Brakes are like anything else… a compromise. The best stopping pads make noise, dust and eat rotors. The lowest dusting pads don’t offer the best braking. The ceramics on my Expedition are more than good enough for a panic stop, but will start to fade quickly if you do multiple aggressive stops. The truck really doesn’t like being driven that way so it’s not an issue.

The HPS are a nice compromise for how aggressively I drive the GTO. They dust a bit more but hold up well to repeated hard braking and are rotor friendly. The stock semi-metallics were cheaper and dusted less but would fade on spirited back roads hustling.

Deciding what will work for you all comes down to how hard you’re going to make your brakes work.

That said, cross the organics off your list. Never, ever, buy the cheapest ones places like autozone have in stock. My grandmother could overbrake those shitty pads.

Thanks^

Where do you guys pick up your HPS’s
Maybe I put some of these on the S2K

go semimetalic for your DD, ceramic have no stopping power when cold

beat me to it

OEM Pads, Brembo Blanks all around. Lots of IS300 guys switch pads and had a lot of problems. People say they even track the car with OEM pads and have no complaints so that’s what I went with because I’m just a boring street guy anyway.

Next person that mentions a maxi pad get a pistol whipping.

I’m running Hawks upfront, no name semi-metallic out back.

Slotted rotors (not cross drilled) up front, blanks out back.

hawk hps here, may try out hp+ this summer

I got mine when I ordered my DBA 4000 slotted rotors from a place that sells lots of GTO stuff. Tirerack sells Hawk, and even Pep Boys has them locally. I’m not sure about other local retailers but I’m sure there are tons of places online.

Porterfield R4-S http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pads.html
When you order mention you are an SCCA weather you are or aren’t for a discount.

Or I’ve heard really really good things about the Carbotech Bobcats. It seems everyone who’s used them has been really pleased all around with these pads.